这是用户在 2024-6-2 18:05 为 https://app.immersivetranslate.com/pdf-pro/38fc5daa-d52c-49a7-8e19-7f786205db72 保存的双语快照页面,由 沉浸式翻译 提供双语支持。了解如何保存?
2024_06_02_4c2b60a38c727aef895cg

Concordia University Health Services
康考迪亚大学健康服务

PConcordia 康科迪亚

YOUR GUIDE TO 您的指南

For FREE, individual smoking cessation counselling, contact a Health Promotion Specialist at Concordia University Health Services
免费个人戒烟咨询,请联系康考迪亚大学健康服务的健康促进专家
Get contact information HERE
在这里获取联系信息

SGW Campus SGW 校园

I550 de Maisonneuve W, GM-200 5।4-848-2424 ext. 3565
I550 de Maisonneuve W,GM-200 5।4-848-2424 ext. 3565

Loyola Campus 洛约拉校园
Sherbrooke St. W., AD |3| 5।4-848-2424 ext. 3575
舍布鲁克街西,AD |3| 5।4-848-2424 分机 3575

Quitting Tobacco for Cood in a Nutshell
戒烟简介

1.To quit using tobacco for good you need to recognize that you are addicted to nicotine. When you don't get it you experience negative emotions. You don't like feeling these negative emotions so you continue to smoke.
为了彻底戒烟,您需要意识到自己对尼古丁上瘾。当您无法获得它时,会经历负面情绪。您不喜欢感受这些负面情绪,所以继续吸烟。
2.To effectively quit using tobacco for good, you need to develop an attitude where you dedicate and commit yourself to achieving a smoke-free life. Your mind has to be made up so that nothing will get in the way of achieving this most important goal!!!! You need to see quitting as a gift you are giving yourself rather than a deprivation.
为了彻底戒烟,您需要培养一种态度,致力于实现无烟生活。您的决心必须坚定,以确保不会有任何事情阻碍实现这个最重要的目标!您需要把戒烟视为您送给自己的礼物,而不是一种剥夺。
3.To quit using tobacco for good you need to develop and implement effective, nicotine-free coping strategies that you can use to manage the temporary, negative emotions that come when your brain stops getting nicotine.
3. 要永远戒烟,您需要制定并实施有效的无尼古丁应对策略,以应对大脑停止摄入尼古丁时产生的暂时负面情绪。

Your Plan to Quitting Smoking For Good
您戒烟的计划永远不再吸烟

If you have ever tried quitting smoking before you will attest to the fact that it can be a very difficult thing to do. As such, to quit smoking for good you need a plan. The information and exercises in this book are your plan. As with anything else worth having, achieving a tobacco-free life requires effort. Addictions are tough to break. Putting in the effort and energy is necessary to ensure success. Therefore, the most important feature of successfully breaking free from tobacco use is this:
如果您以前尝试过戒烟,您会证明戒烟是一件非常困难的事情。因此,要永远戒烟,您需要一个计划。本书中的信息和练习就是您的计划。与其他任何值得拥有的东西一样,实现无烟生活需要努力。戒烟是困难的。付出努力和精力是确保成功的必要条件。因此,成功摆脱吸烟最重要的特征是:

You need to immerse yourself in the smoking cessation process!!
您需要沉浸在戒烟过程中!!

This means that: 这意味着:
  • quitting smoking becomes the number one project in your life. Of course, you continue to fulfill your school and work responsibilities, but quitting smoking is always on your mind because it is the number one thing you can do to improve your health and life!!!
    戒烟成为你生活中的头等大事。当然,你会继续履行学校和工作责任,但戒烟始终在你心中,因为这是你可以做的最重要的事情,可以改善你的健康和生活!
  • you read through this entire booklet and do all the exercises.
    您阅读整本小册子并完成所有练习。
  • you think about quitting and the role of tobacco in your life any chance you get (e.g. on the bus, walking etc).
    你会在任何机会都考虑戒烟以及烟草在你生活中的作用(例如在公交车上、步行等)。
  • you visualize your life as a non-smoker and think about how fantastic it will be to be free of tobacco!
    你把自己的生活想象成一个不吸烟者,并想象一下摆脱烟草将会多么美妙!
  • you read about smoking cessation whenever you can. You make time for it. Some quit smoking resources are provided below.
    您尽可能阅读关于戒烟的信息。您会为此腾出时间。以下提供了一些戒烟资源。
  • you talk to people who have effectively quit smoking and ask them how they did it, what challenges they faced and what has kept them smoke-free.Also, ask them for any advice they would have that can help you in your process.
    与成功戒烟的人交谈,询问他们是如何做到的,他们面临了什么挑战,以及是什么让他们远离烟草。此外,向他们征求任何可以帮助你的建议。
The information and exercises in this booklet that form your plan are divided into 3 main sections. They are:
这本小册子中的信息和练习,构成了您的计划,分为 3 个主要部分。它们是:
  1. Understand nicotine addiction. Of the over 4,000 chemicals found in tobacco smoke, only one keeps you coming back: NICOTINE. Once you acknowledge that you are addicted to nicotine and understand how nicotine addiction happens, you will be in an excellent position to go smoke-free.
    了解尼古丁成瘾。在烟草烟雾中发现的 4000 多种化学物质中,只有一种会让你上瘾:尼古丁。一旦你承认自己对尼古丁上瘾,并了解尼古丁成瘾的原因,你就会处于一个很好的位置,可以戒烟。
  2. Cultivate an attitude of dedication and commitment to smoke-free living. In essence, you need to see quitting smoking as a gift you are giving yourself rather than a deprivation. This is an extremely important point. If you don't adopt this attitude, your chances of successfully quitting will be severely compromised.
    培养一种致力于无烟生活的态度。实质上,你需要把戒烟看作是你送给自己的礼物,而不是一种剥夺。这是一个非常重要的观点。如果你不采纳这种态度,你成功戒烟的机会将受到严重损害。
  3. Identify, develop and implement coping strategies to manage the temporary, negative emotions that come from nicotine withdrawal. There are hundreds of nicotine-free ways to cope with negative emotions. Discover them, build them, and use them.
    识别、制定并实施应对策略,以管理因尼古丁戒断而产生的暂时负面情绪。有数百种无尼古丁的方法来应对负面情绪。发现它们,建立它们,并使用它们。

Some Smoking Cessation Resources
一些戒烟资源

The Quitting Smoking section of the Health Services website has information on smoking cessation as well as links to on-line resources as well as books and hot lines. They include:
卫生服务网站的戒烟部分提供有关戒烟的信息,以及在线资源、书籍和热线链接。它们包括:
I Quit Now: "Want to quit smoking? Maybe you're still hesitating. We have what you need to help you break free from tobacco on your own." Has telephone and text message support. From Tobacco-Free Quebec.
我现在戒烟:“想戒烟吗?也许你还在犹豫。我们有你需要的东西,帮助你自己摆脱烟草。”提供电话和短信支持。来自无烟魁北克。
Break it Off: This campaign from Health Canada and the Canadian Cancer Society "helps young adults quit smoking and stay smoke-free."
中断吸烟:这个来自加拿大卫生部和加拿大癌症协会的运动“帮助年轻人戒烟并保持不吸烟”。
On the Road to Quitting: You can download this booklet, from Health Canada.
在戒烟的道路上:您可以从加拿大卫生部下载这本小册子。
Alan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking is the world's best-selling self-help book to quit smoking. The Easy Way website offers 10 Best Tips to Help You Stop Smoking.
Alan Carr 的戒烟简易方法是世界上最畅销的自助书籍,用于戒烟。Easy Way 网站提供了 10 条帮助您戒烟的最佳建议。
Nova's "The Dope on Nicotine" visually shows how nicotine affects the brain and leads to addiction.
诺瓦的《尼古丁真相》通过视觉展示尼古丁如何影响大脑并导致成瘾。

The Plan 计划

There are two main ways to proceed with this plan: cut down or quit "cold turkey" (without cutting down). The choice is yours. However, this booklet encourages you to use the cut down method for two main reasons. Firstly, by cutting down you will gradually decrease the amount of nicotine that reaches your brain in the course of a day. This lets your brain progressively adjust to nicotine withdrawal. Secondly, and more important, as you decrease the amount that you smoke, you will have the opportunity to put in place the coping strategies that you are developing. In essence, this gives you a chance to try these coping strategies out and to refine them before you are actually smoke-free. You will be able to discover what works and what doesn't, and to make changes so that these strategies will work once you are totally smoke-free!!
有两种主要方法可以继续执行这个计划:减少或戒烟(不减少)。选择权在你手中。然而,本手册鼓励您使用减少方法的主要原因有两点。首先,通过减少,您将逐渐减少一天中达到大脑的尼古丁量。这让您的大脑逐渐适应尼古丁戒断。其次,更重要的是,随着您减少吸烟量,您将有机会实施正在发展的应对策略。本质上,这让您有机会尝试这些应对策略并在您真正戒烟之前加以完善。您将能够发现什么有效,什么无效,并做出改变,使这些策略在您完全戒烟时能够奏效!
What follows is your quit smoking plan outlined week by week if you choose the cut down method. Check off the box next to the activity once it is complete. This will help you stay on track. If you choose the "cold turkey" method, set a quit date, complete all the activities in the booklet, and then apply all you have learned on your quit day and beyond.
以下是您的戒烟计划,按周划分,如果您选择逐渐减少的方法。完成活动后,在方框旁打勾。这将帮助您保持在正确的轨道上。如果您选择“戒烟冷火鸡”方法,请设定一个戒烟日期,完成手册中的所有活动,然后在戒烟日及以后应用您所学到的一切。

Week 1: 第一周:

Immerse yourself in the quit smoking process. Dedicate yourself to quitting. Read about it. Think about it. Talk about it. Visualize it. Do all the exercises in this booklet. See previous page for more information.
沉浸在戒烟过程中。致力于戒烟。阅读相关资料。思考。谈论。想象。完成本手册中的所有练习。有关更多信息,请参阅上一页。
  • Decide on a quit date. We suggest that this date be 3 weeks from the day you begin the plan. It can be any day of the week. Use a calendar to clearly mark your quit date. We have provided a calendar template for you on the back page to plan your quit. Tell people about your quit date. Post your quit date on the fridge, your computer or on the bathroom mirror where you can see it everyday. As for which date to choose, you should do it at a time when you are in your regular rhythm of life. Your nicotine addiction creates a "nicotine filter" which will find numerous reasons why every choice for a date is a bad choice ("Can't do it now because it is exam time", "Can't do it now because it is the beginning of the semester", "Can't do it now because it's the holidays", "Can't do it now because I just broke up with someone.") There will never be a "perfect" time. The sooner the better.
    确定戒烟日期。我们建议这个日期距离您开始计划的那天 3 周。可以是一周中的任何一天。使用日历清楚地标记您的戒烟日期。我们在背面为您提供了一个日历模板,以便计划您的戒烟日期。告诉别人您的戒烟日期。在冰箱、电脑或浴室镜子上张贴您的戒烟日期,每天都能看到。至于选择哪个日期,您应该在生活的正常节奏中进行。尼古丁成瘾会形成一个“尼古丁过滤器”,会找到很多理由来证明每个日期选择都是一个糟糕的选择(“现在不能戒烟,因为是考试时间”,“现在不能戒烟,因为学期开始了”,“现在不能戒烟,因为是假期”,“现在不能戒烟,因为我刚和某人分手”)。永远不会有一个“完美”的时机。越早越好。
Determine a cut down plan. If you choose to cut down, use the calendar on the back page to determine how many cigarettes you will smoke each day. For example, if you currently smoke 20 cigarettes a day and you will quit in 3 weeks, you will cut down by one a day from the beginning of the process until quit day. If you currently smoke 7 cigarettes a day you will cut down by one cigarette every 3 days. Write down on the calendar how many cigarettes you have available each day. You can smoke less than that amount, but never more. Don't save up cigarettes to transfer to other days.
确定一个减少计划。如果选择减少,使用背面的日历确定每天吸烟的数量。例如,如果您目前每天吸烟 20 支,而您将在 3 周内戒烟,您将从过程开始每天减少一支,直到戒烟日。如果您目前每天吸烟 7 支,您将每 3 天减少一支。在日历上写下每天可用的香烟数量。您可以吸烟少于该数量,但绝不可超过。不要储存香烟以转移到其他日子。
Cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke each day according to your calendar
根据您的日历每天减少吸烟的数量
  • Separate smoking from all your activities. There is a strong association between smoking and some of your activities such as talking on the phone, driving, working on the computer etc. From the minute you begin this program, when you smoke you don't do anything else...you smoke while still (don't walk and smoke) and alone (don't smoke with anyone else or in front of the TV or computer). You will likely realize how boring smoking is, and how strong the associations are between your activities and smoking. (You might not even want a coffee if you can't have a cigarette with it.) Break those associations now!! When quit day comes you will not have to struggle with the urge to smoke as you engage in those activities because you will have already broken the connection. Furthermore, you will re-discover the pleasures that tobacco has come to take the credit for. For example, you may discover that it is in fact the coffee you enjoy, not the cigarette.
    将吸烟与所有活动分开。吸烟与一些活动(如打电话、开车、在电脑上工作等)之间存在着强烈的关联。从你开始这个计划的那一刻起,当你吸烟时就不要做其他事情...你要静坐吸烟(不要边走路边吸烟),独自吸烟(不要和别人一起吸烟,也不要在电视或电脑前吸烟)。你可能会意识到吸烟是多么无聊,以及你的活动与吸烟之间有多强的关联。(如果不能抽烟,你甚至可能不想喝咖啡。)现在打破这些关联!当戒烟日到来时,你在进行这些活动时不会为了吸烟而挣扎,因为你已经打破了这种联系。此外,你将重新发现烟草所得到的荣誉的乐趣。例如,你可能会发现你喜欢的是咖啡,而不是香烟。
Read the entire section on nicotine addiction
阅读有关尼古丁成瘾的整个部分
■ Do exercise NCI: Nicotine Addiction and Me
■ 进行锻炼 NCI:尼古丁成瘾和我
Do exercise Att1: The Benefits of Going Smoke-free
进行锻炼 Att1:戒烟的好处
Do exercise Att2: The Costs of Smoking: Money and Time
进行锻炼 Att2:吸烟的成本:金钱和时间
Do exercise Att3: How Using Tobacco Fits with My Values
进行锻炼 Att3:吸烟如何符合我的价值观
Do exercise Att4: How Using Tobacco Fits with My Goals
进行锻炼 Att4:吸烟如何符合我的目标
Read Att5: Disputing the Myths About Smoking
阅读 Att5:打破关于吸烟的神话
  • Begin exercise Cope1: Monitoring my Tobacco Use (in center page)
    开始运动 Cope1:监控我的烟草使用(在中心页面)
Read introduction to section 3: Build Coping Strategies
阅读第 3 节介绍:建立应对策略
Read "A Few Words About Quit Smoking Aids"
阅读“关于戒烟辅助工具的几句话”
  • Do exercise Cope 2: Overcoming the Barriers to Becoming Smoke-free, Part 1: My Reasons to Quit/My Reasons to Continue
    进行锻炼 Cope 2:克服成为戒烟者的障碍,第一部分:我戒烟的理由/我继续戒烟的理由
Do exercise Cope 3: My Strengths
做运动 应对 3:我的优势
Do exercise Cope 4: What Makes Me Happy
做运动 应对 4:什么让我快乐
Begin to list your coping strategies in exercise Cope10: My List of Coping Strategies
开始在练习 Cope10 中列出你的应对策略清单:我的应对策略清单

Week 2: 第二周:

  • Continue immersing yourself in the quit smoking process. Continue living your dedication to quiting. Read about it. Think about it. Talk about it. Visualize it. Do all the exercises in this booklet.
    继续沉浸在戒烟过程中。继续坚定地生活你的戒烟决心。阅读相关资料。思考。谈论。想象。完成本手册中的所有练习。
Continue separating smoking from all your activities. (See week 1). When you smoke, that is all you do. Smoke alone and still.
继续将吸烟与所有活动分开。 (见第 1 周)。 当你吸烟时,那就是你所做的一切。 独自吸烟,仍然如此。
  • Continue keeping track of all the cigarettes you smoke with exercise CopeI: Monitoring My Tobacco Use
    继续使用运动 CopeI 来跟踪您吸烟的所有香烟:监控我的烟草使用
  • Continue cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke each day according to your calendar
    根据您的日历继续减少每天吸烟的数量
Begin exercise Cope5: Planning for Challenging Times
开始练习 Cope5: 应对挑战时期的规划
Do exercise Cope6: Overcoming the Barriers to Becoming Smoke-free, Part 2
进行锻炼 Cope6:克服成为戒烟者的障碍,第 2 部分
  • Do exercise Cope7: What to Do With Extra Money and Extra Time
    处理 Cope7:如何处理多余的金钱和多余的时间
  • Do exercise Cope8: Identify Rewards
    进行锻炼 Cope8:识别奖励
  • Read Cope9: Symptoms of Recovery and How to Manage Them
    阅读 Cope9:康复症状及如何管理它们
  • Continue to list your coping strategies in exercise Cope10: My List of Coping Strategies
    继续在练习 Cope10 中列出您的应对策略清单:我的应对策略清单
  • Begin to fill out your wallet card Coper1 (on center page).
    开始填写您的钱包卡 Coper1(在中心页上)。

    Week 3: 第三周:
口 Continue immersing yourself in the quit smoking process. Continue living your dedication to quiting. Read about it. Think about it. Talk about it. Visualize it. Do all the exercises in this booklet.
继续沉浸在戒烟过程中。继续致力于戒烟。阅读相关资料。思考。谈论。想象。完成本手册中的所有练习。
  • Continue separating smoking from all your activities. (See week 1). When you smoke, that is all you do. Smoke alone and still.
    继续将吸烟与所有活动分开。(参见第 1 周)。当你吸烟时,那就是你所做的全部。独自吸烟,保持安静。
  • Continue cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke each day according to your calendar
    根据您的日历继续减少每天吸烟的数量
  • Continue keeping track of all the cigarettes you smoke with exercise CopeI
    继续使用 CopeI 运动跟踪您吸烟的所有香烟
  • Continue exercise Cope5: Planning for Challenging Times
    继续锻炼 Cope5: 应对挑战时期的规划
  • Continue to list your coping strategies in exercise Cope10: My List of Coping Strategies
    继续在练习 Cope10 中列出您的应对策略清单:我的应对策略清单
  • Continue filling out your wallet card in exercise Cope11
    继续填写您的钱包卡在练习 Cope11

Week 4 and beyond
第 4 周及以后

As you begin week 4 , you will be smoke-free. The task from now on is to remain smoke free.
当您开始第 4 周时,您将成为无烟者。从现在开始,任务是保持无烟。
  • Monitor your progress. Find a way to mark that you are on track. For example, you can get a calendar and place a star or other mark for each day you don't use tobacco. Alternatively, you can put the amount of money you have saved into a jar and watch it accumulate quickly. Be creative in finding a way to monitor.
    监督您的进展。找到一种标记您正处在正确轨道上的方法。例如,您可以拿一个日历,每天不吸烟时在上面打星号或其他标记。或者,您可以把省下来的钱放进罐子里,看着它迅速累积起来。在找到监督方法时要有创意。
  • Review the benefits you have achieved. From the minute you quit using tobacco you will begin to experience benefits. Think about how wonderful these are!! Some common early benefits include more energy, more time, more money, clearer and brighter skin, better breath, and you smell nicer. Think about the many more benefits that you will achieve as you remain smoke-free. You may experience some symptoms of withdrawal (see Cope9). Remind yourself that these are temporary and that there are many things you can do to overcome them.
    回顾您已经获得的好处。从您戒烟的那一刻起,您将开始感受到好处。想想这些有多么美好!!一些常见的早期好处包括更多的能量,更多的时间,更多的钱,更清晰和更明亮的皮肤,更好的呼吸,以及您闻起来更好闻。想想您作为不吸烟者将获得的更多好处。您可能会经历一些戒断症状(参见 Cope9)。提醒自己这些是暂时的,并且有许多事情可以帮助您克服它们。
Celebrate your success. Quitting smoking can be very difficult. Every day you remain smoke-free deserves some acknowledgement of the success. Reward yourself (review your rewards sheet: exercise Cope8).
庆祝你的成功。戒烟可能非常困难。每天保持不吸烟都值得一些成功的认可。奖励自己(查看您的奖励表:运动 Cope8)。
  • If you ever have a slip or relapse, read "In case of a Slip" at the end of the booklet to identify and put in place strategies to return to smoke-free living.
    如果您曾经出现失误或复发,请阅读小册子末尾的“如果出现失误”部分,以识别并制定策略,以恢复无烟生活。

Understand Nicotine Addiction
了解尼古丁成瘾

Of the over 4,000 compounds in tobacco, only one is responsible for a person continuing to smoke: NICOTINE!!! If the nicotine in tobacco were to be removed, a smoker (nicotine addict) would lose the desire to smoke, just as a person who is living with alcoholism would lose the desire to drink beer if the alcohol were removed. The only reason you continue to smoke is because you are addicted to nicotine. So, how does this substance make a person come back to tobacco over and over again, despite a long list of potential consequences of continued use? Read on to find out.
烟草中的 4000 多种化合物中,只有一种是导致人继续吸烟的原因:尼古丁!如果烟草中的尼古丁被去除,吸烟者(尼古丁成瘾者)将失去吸烟的欲望,就像一个酗酒者如果去除酒精就会失去喝啤酒的欲望一样。你继续吸烟的唯一原因是你对尼古丁上瘾。那么,尽管有长长的潜在后果清单,为什么这种物质会让一个人一次又一次地回到烟草中呢?继续阅读以了解更多。

Understand Nicotine Addiction
了解尼古丁成瘾

How Does Nicotine Addiction Happen
尼古丁成瘾是如何发生的

What follows is a scientific summary of nicotine addiction. If science is not your thing, skip to the bottom to read the information in the "Nicotine Addiction in Plain English" box.
以下是尼古丁成瘾的科学摘要。如果科学不是你的菜,可以直接跳到底部阅读“用简单英语解释的尼古丁成瘾”框中的信息。
Tobacco leaves contain nicotine, and when they burn, the nicotine is released
烟草叶中含有尼古丁,当它们燃烧时,尼古丁被释放
Nicotine occurs naturally in tobacco leaves. When a person lights a cigarette, the tobacco leaves and other added compounds reach and gases and particles are released. The particles are seen as smoke, and the sum total of these particles is called tar. Over 4,000 compounds have been identified in the tar and gases released from burning tobacco. About 40 of these compounds are known to cause cancer. Nicotine itself does not cause cancer and is relatively harmless to health in the amounts found in cigarettes. However, it is the only compound that keeps a person coming back to tobacco.
尼古丁在烟草叶中自然存在。当一个人点燃一支香烟时,烟草叶和其他添加的化合物达到 ,释放出气体和颗粒。这些颗粒被视为烟雾,这些颗粒的总和被称为焦油。已经在焦油和燃烧烟草释放的气体中鉴定出了 4000 多种化合物。其中大约有 40 种已知会导致癌症。尼古丁本身不会导致癌症,在香烟中所含量相对较少对健康相对无害。然而,尼古丁是唯一使人继续吸烟的化合物。
Inhaled cigarette smoke contains nicotine that quickly reaches the brain via the lungs When a person inhales, nicotine from the burning tobacco enters the lungs, is absorbed into the bloodstream, and is transported to the brain. The nicotine leaves the bloodstream and "bathes" the cells of the brain.
吸入的香烟烟雾含有尼古丁,通过肺部迅速抵达大脑。当一个人吸入时,燃烧烟草中的尼古丁进入肺部,被吸收进入血液,并被输送到大脑。尼古丁离开血液并“浸泡”在大脑细胞中。

Brain cells communicate with each other through neurotransmitters and receptors
大脑细胞通过神经递质和受体相互通信

At this point, a brief review of how nerve cells communicate is needed to fully understand nicotine addiction. Nerve cells, such as those in the brain, do not actually touch each other. They are separated by a small space called a synapse. In order for a message (an electrical current) to be transmitted from nerve cell A to nerve cell , neurotransmitters from cell are released into the synapse and they bind to specific receptors on cell . When enough receptors are filled, an electrical current begins in cell that continues to the end of that cell where it meets cell , and more neurotransmsitters are released from cell which bind to the receptors on cell and the message continues.
在这一点上,需要简要回顾神经细胞如何进行通信,以充分理解尼古丁成瘾。神经细胞,比如大脑中的细胞,实际上并不直接接触。它们之间被一个称为突触的小空间隔开。为了让信息(电流)从神经细胞 A 传递到神经细胞 ,细胞 释放的神经递质进入突触并结合到细胞 上的特定受体上。当足够多的受体被填满时,电流从细胞 开始,在细胞末端遇到细胞 ,细胞 释放更多的神经递质,结合到细胞 上的受体上,信息继续传递。
Nicotine overpowers receptors in an area of the brain that is responsible for feelings of pleasure and reward The nicotine molecule has a shape that fits perfectly into the receptors on nerve cells in the pleasure/reward center of the brain. These receptors are not meant to accept nicotine. When a person uses tobacco, a large number of nicotine molecules reach the brain, bind to these receptors and spark a message in the pleasure/reward center of the brain, where there wasn't one before. This stimulation of the pleasure center is felt by the tobacco user as pleasurable.
尼古丁在大脑中负责感受快乐和奖励的区域中压倒性地作用于受体。尼古丁分子的形状完全契合大脑快乐/奖励中心神经细胞上的受体。这些受体并不是为了接受尼古丁而存在的。当一个人使用烟草时,大量的尼古丁分子到达大脑,结合到这些受体上,并在以前没有的快乐/奖励中心中引发一条信息。这种刺激快乐中心被烟草使用者感受为愉悦。

The body breaks down nicotine; levels in the blood and brain drop; and the brain becomes "unhappy"
身体分解尼古丁;血液和大脑中的尼古丁水平下降;大脑变得“不开心”

The body recognizes nicotine as a foreign substance. The liver breaks down nicotine that is circulating in the blood into compounds that are eliminated in the urine. The moment a person puts out a cigarette, the level of nicotine in the blood (and the brain) begins to decrease. This results in a decrease in the stimulation of the pleasure/reward center of the brain and the person begins to experience negative emotions such as irritability, anxiety, and sadness. Of course, the smoker doesn't enjoy this negative state of mind, so as it builds s/he reaches for a cigarette, takes a few puffs and the pleasure center is stimulated again. These negative emotions are relieved for a short period, until nicotine levels drop again after the cigarette is put out. It is important to note that once this vicious cycle has begun, the smoker does not smoke to create pleasure; rather, s/he smokes to relieve negative emotions. Smoking does not create a "high"; it temporarily removes a low!!!
身体将尼古丁视为外来物质。肝脏将血液中循环的尼古丁分解成化合物,这些化合物在尿液中排出。当一个人熄灭香烟时,血液(和大脑)中的尼古丁水平开始下降。这导致大脑的快乐/奖励中心受到刺激减少,人开始感受到恼怒、焦虑和悲伤等负面情绪。当然,吸烟者不喜欢这种负面心态,因此当这种心态积累时,他们会伸手拿起一支香烟,吸几口,快乐中心再次被刺激。这些负面情绪会在短时间内得到缓解,直到熄灭香烟后尼古丁水平再次下降。重要的是要注意,一旦这种恶性循环开始,吸烟者并不是为了获得快乐而吸烟;相反,他们吸烟是为了缓解负面情绪。吸烟并不会带来“高潮”;它只是暂时消除低谷!

Nicotine Addiction in Plain English
简明英语中的尼古丁成瘾

Understand Nicotine Addiction
了解尼古丁成瘾

How Addictive is Nicotine?
尼古丁有多容易上瘾?

Dr. Jack E. Henningfield of the National Institute on Drug Abuse and Dr. Neal L. Benowitz of the University of California at San Francisco are respected experts in the field of addiction. They independently ranked six substances based on five problem areas (listed below). They were asked to rank the substances on a scale of 1 to 6 , where 1 is the most serious and 6 is the least serious. As you can see from the tables below, they ranked nicotine as the most difficult to quit (dependence). Nicotine was rated more difficult to quit than heroin or cocaine.
国家药物滥用研究所的杰克·E·亨宁菲尔德博士和加利福尼亚大学旧金山分校的尼尔·L·贝诺维茨博士是成瘾领域的尊敬专家。他们根据五个问题领域(下面列出)独立排名了六种物质。他们被要求按照 1 到 6 的比例对这些物质进行排名,其中 1 是最严重的,6 是最不严重的。从下面的表格中可以看出,他们将尼古丁排名为最难戒断的物质(依赖性)。尼古丁被评为比海洛因或可卡因更难戒断。
The point of showing this is to demonstrate that quitting smoking can be difficult. However, millions of people quit every year. Quitting smoking can be much easier if you have a plan and the right attitude.
展示这一点的目的是为了证明戒烟可能很困难。然而,每年有数百万人成功戒烟。如果你有一个计划和正确的态度,戒烟会容易得多。
Withdrawal: Presence and severity of characteristic withdrawal symptoms.
撤回:特征撤回症状的存在和严重程度。
Reinforcement: A measure of the substance's ability, in human and animal tests, to get users to take it again and again, and in preference to other substances.
强化:在人类和动物测试中,衡量物质使用户再次使用它,并优先于其他物质的能力。
Tolerance: How much of the substance is needed to satisfy increasing cravings for it, and the level of stable need that is eventually reached. Dependence: How difficult it is for the user to quit, the relapse rate, the percentage of people who eventually become dependent, the rating users give their own need for the substance and the degree to which the substance will be used in the face of evidence that it causes harm.
耐受性:需要多少物质来满足对其不断增加的渴望,以及最终达到的稳定需求水平。依赖性:用户戒断的困难程度,复发率,最终成为依赖者的人数比例,用户对物质需求的评价以及在面对其造成伤害的证据时,用户会使用该物质的程度。
Intoxication: Though not usually counted as a measure of addiction in itself, the level of intoxication is associated with addiction and increases the personal and soclal damage a substance may do.
醉酒:虽然通常不被视为成瘾的衡量标准,但醉酒程度与成瘾有关,并增加了物质可能造成的个人和社会伤害。
Henningfield ratings 亨宁菲尔德评级
Substance 物质 Withdrawal 撤回 Reinforcement 强化 Tolerance 容忍 Dependence Intoxication 依赖中毒
Nicotine 尼古丁 3 4 2 1 5
Heroin 海洛因 2 2 1 2 2
Cocaine 可卡因 4 1 4 3 3
Alcohol  1 3 3 4 1
Caffeine 咖啡因 5 6 5 5 6
Marijuana 大麻 6 5 6 6 4

Benowitz ratings 贝诺维茨评级

Substance 物质 Withdrawal 撤回 Reinforcement 强化 Tolerance 容忍 Dependence 依赖 Intoxication 醉态
Nicotine 尼古丁 4 4 1 6
Heroin 海洛因 2 2 2 2 2
Cocaine 可卡因 3* 1 1 3 3
Alcohol  1 3 3 4 1
Caffeine 咖啡因 4 5 5 5 5
Marijuana 大麻 5 6 6 6 4
Adapted from Philip J. Hilts in the New York Times, August 21994.
改编自 1994 年 8 月《纽约时报》的菲利普·J·希尔茨。
Also, from the experience of the Haight Ashbury Drug Clinic in San Francisco, professionals listed drugs in the order of speed with which a person progresses from experimentation and social use to habituation, abuse and addiction. Their list is as follows, with the substance at the top of the list representing the most "addictive":
此外,根据旧金山海特-阿什伯里药物诊所的经验,专业人士将药物列在一个人从尝试和社交使用到习惯化、滥用和成瘾的速度顺序中。他们的列表如下,列表顶部的物质代表最“上瘾”:
  1. Nicotine 尼古丁
  2. "Crack" cocaine (smoking or IV)
    "Crack"可卡因(吸烟或静脉注射)
  3. Heroin (smoking or IV)
    海洛因(吸烟或静脉注射)
  4. Methamphetamine (IV) 甲基苯丙胺(静脉注射)
  5. Cocaine (snorting) 可卡因(鼻吸)
  6. Amphetamine (oral) 安非他命(口服)
  7. Sedative-hypnotics 镇静催眠药
  8. Marijuana 大麻
  9. Caffeine 咖啡因
  10. PCP
  11. Ecstasy (MDMA) 狂喜(MDMA)
  12. LSD
  13. Mescaline/peyote 麦斯卡林/仙人掌

Understand Nicotine Addiction
了解尼古丁成瘾

NIC 1: Nicotine Addiction and Me
尼古丁成瘾和我

One of the features of nicotine addiction is that the brain sets up a "nicotine filter" where any information that supports continuing to smoke gets attention ("My grandmother smoked her whole life and died in her sleep at a ripe old age", "You could get hit by a bus tomorrow", "Smoking helps me manage stress" etc.) and any information that supports quitting is ignored ("Half the people who smoke regularly will die of smoking-related causes", "Tobacco use is the number one preventable cause of death in Canada" etc.). If your "nicotine filter" is up you might be thinking "I am not addicted to nicotine", "It's just a bad habit" or "I can quit anytime I want to". Take the quiz below to see if you exhibit some of the signs of nicotine addiction. A "yes" answer indicates addictive behaviour.
尼古丁成瘾的一个特征是大脑建立了一个“尼古丁过滤器”,任何支持继续吸烟的信息都会受到关注(“我奶奶一辈子都抽烟,最后在睡梦中去世了”,“明天可能会被公共汽车撞到”,“吸烟有助于我缓解压力”等),而支持戒烟的信息则被忽视(“一半经常吸烟的人会死于与吸烟有关的原因”,“烟草使用是加拿大第一可预防死亡原因”等)。如果你的“尼古丁过滤器”启动了,你可能会认为“我不会对尼古丁上瘾”,“这只是个坏习惯”或“我随时可以戒烟”。请参加以下测验,看看你是否表现出尼古丁成瘾的一些迹象。回答“是”表示有成瘾行为。

Yes No 是 否
I have smoked in places where it is forbidden to smoke.
我曾在禁止吸烟的地方吸烟。

ㅁ If I am in a bar/restaurant with others, I will leave them to go
如果我和其他人在酒吧/餐厅,我会离开他们去

outside to smoke. 外面抽烟。
a I feel nervous or anxious if I run out of cigarettes.
如果我抽完烟了,我会感到紧张或焦虑。

- I make sure to always have enough cigarettes so that I
- 我确保总是有足够的香烟,这样我就可以

won't run out. 不会用完。
I I have tried to quit smoking in the past without success.
我过去曾试图戒烟,但没有成功。

I If I don't smoke for a while, I get irritated, nervous or
如果我有一段时间不抽烟,我会变得烦躁、紧张或者

anxious. 焦虑。
- I have lied to people about my smoking.
- 我对人们谎称我抽烟。

口 I hide my smoking from people.
我把吸烟藏起来不让别人知道。

- I have avoided going to places where I knew I wouldn't be
- 我已经避免去我知道我不会去的地方

able to smoke. 能够抽烟。
- I get irritated by people who talk to me about my smoking or
- 我讨厌那些跟我谈论吸烟的人

who encourage me to quit.
谁鼓励我辞职。

口 - I have asked a complete stranger for a cigarette.
我向一个完全陌生的人要了一支香烟。
Yes No 是 否
ㅁ My smoking has a pattern (e.g. I smoke as soon as I finish a meal, or I smoke on a work break) and if for any reason I can't smoke at those usual times I get nervous/irritable/anxious.
我的吸烟有一个模式(例如,我一吃完饭就抽烟,或者我在工作休息时抽烟),如果由于任何原因我不能在那些通常时间抽烟,我会变得紧张/易怒/焦虑。
I get up in the morning and have a cigarette right away.
我早上起床后立刻就抽一支烟。
  • I have done without certain things so that I would have enough money to buy cigarettes.
    我为了有足够的钱买香烟而不得不省掉一些东西。
  • I have smoked even though I was sick and couldn't go to school or work.
    我即使生病了,不能去上学或工作,我还是抽烟。
  • I have smoked cigarette butts (either mine or another person's).
    我抽过烟蒂(无论是我的还是别人的)。
  • I have done something uncomfortable in order to smoke, such as go outside in very cold weather.
    为了抽烟,我做了一些让人感到不舒服的事情,比如在寒冷的天气外面抽烟。
  • I have smoked 2 (or even 3 cigarettes) in a row before going somewhere where I knew I wouldn't be able to smoke (or right after not being able to smoke for some time).
    我在去一个我知道不能吸烟的地方之前,连续抽了 2(甚至 3)支香烟,或者在一段时间不能吸烟后立即抽了。

Build the Right Attitude
建立正确的态度

Nicotine is a highly addictive substance. As such, in order to effectively quit using tobacco you need to approach it with a plan and immerse yourself in the smoking cessation process. An extremely important part of that plan is to cultivate an attitude of dedication and commitment to smoke-free living. Many people believe that motivation and willpower are what are needed to become a non-smoker. However, this is misleading. Both motivation and willpower can come and go: they will be with you when things are going well, and they will usually disappear when times are tough. What will help you be successful at quitting forever is to cultivate an attitude that will take you through the tough times. This is where dedication and commitment come in. When you are dedicated and committed to a goal there is nothing that can stand in your way of reaching it. The exercises in this section of the workbook all have the objective of helping you develop dedication and commitment to smoke-free living. You need to see quitting smoking as a gift you are giving yourself and not a deprivation. Again, it is important to repeat that unless you have made up your mind that quitting is the most important thing that you can do for your health and your life, your efforts to go smoke-free will likely be short lived, if going smoke-free happens at all.
尼古丁是一种极易上瘾的物质。因此,为了有效戒烟,您需要制定计划并全身心投入戒烟过程。计划中一个极其重要的部分是培养一种致力于无烟生活的态度。许多人认为,戒烟需要动力和意志力。然而,这是误导的。动力和意志力都会有起有落:当一切顺利时它们会与您同在,而在困难时期它们通常会消失。帮助您永久戒烟成功的是培养一种能帮助您度过困难时期的态度。这就是致力和承诺的作用所在。当您致力和承诺于一个目标时,没有什么能阻止您实现它。本工作手册中的练习都旨在帮助您培养致力和承诺于无烟生活的态度。您需要将戒烟视为您给自己的一份礼物,而不是一种剥夺。 重申一遍,除非你已下定决心戒烟对于你的健康和生活至关重要,否则你努力戒烟的努力可能会很短暂,甚至根本不会戒烟。

Build the Right Attitude
建立正确的态度

ATT 1: The Benefits of Going Smoke-free
ATT 1:戒烟的好处

Too often, those trying to help people to quit smoking stress the bad things that will happen if they continue to smoke. Many smokers ignore this information, saying that they know it all. We believe that focusing on the positives of quitting can help you build that dedication and commitment to smoke-free living. Just look at the wonderful things that are waiting for you in your smoke-free life. On the next page review the benefits of going smoke-free. Check off any of the benefits that you would like to experience. Don't be limited to the ones we have included. Go even further and add some of your own personal benefits at the end.
太多时候,试图帮助人们戒烟的人强调如果继续吸烟会发生的坏事。许多吸烟者忽视这些信息,说他们全都知道。我们相信,专注于戒烟的积极方面可以帮助您建立对无烟生活的奉献和承诺。只需看看在无烟生活中等待着您的美好事物。在下一页上查看戒烟的好处。勾选您想体验的任何好处。不要局限于我们列出的好处。甚至可以进一步添加一些您自己的个人好处。
Build the Right Attitude
建立正确的态度

ATT 2: The Cost of Smoking: Money and Time
ATT 2:吸烟的成本:金钱和时间

Most tobacco users are unaware of the amount of money they spend on tobacco each year as well as the amount of time they spend smoking each year. Take a few minutes to calculate how much of these two resources you commit to your tobacco use. If you buy tobacco and roll your own or buy cigarettes illegally in bulk (e.g. ziplock bags) then the formula below will not work. You can still calculate how much you spend by figuring out how frequently you buy tobacco and for what price.
大多数吸烟者并不知道他们每年在烟草上花费的金额,以及他们每年吸烟的时间。花几分钟时间计算一下你投入在吸烟上的这两种资源的数量。如果你购买烟草并自己卷烟,或者大量非法购买香烟(例如,用拉链袋),那么下面的公式将不起作用。你仍然可以通过计算你购买烟草的频率和价格来计算你花费了多少。

How Much Money I Spend on Tobacco Each Year
我每年在烟草上花了多少钱

A. Determine how many cigarettes you smoke each day on average: cigarettes per day
A. 确定您每天平均吸烟多少支:每天香烟
B. Multiply A by 365 to identify how many cigarettes you smoke each year: cigarettes each year
B. 将 A 乘以 365,以确定您每年吸食多少支香烟:每年香烟
C. Divide by the number of cigarettes in the packs that you buy (either 20 or 25 cigarettes per pack)__ packs per year
C. 将 除以您购买的包装中的香烟数量(每包 20 或 25 支)__包每年
D. If you buy cigarettes by the pack, Multiply by the price of a pack of cigarettes (price of packs of cigarettes I buy= -)
D. 如果您按包装购买香烟,请将 乘以一包香烟的价格(我购买的香烟包装的价格= -)

___ spent on cigarettes each year
每年在香烟上花费

If you buy cigarettes by the carton, divide by the number of packs in a carton (usually 8 or 10) to determine the number of cartons of cigarettes you smoke each year: cartons. Then multiply the number of cartons per year by the price of a carton spent on cigarettes each year
如果您按整盒购买香烟,请将 除以一整盒香烟的包装数量(通常为 8 或 10)来确定您每年吸烟的整盒数量:盒。然后将每年的整盒数量乘以一整盒的价格 ,这样您就可以得出每年在香烟上花费的

How Much Time I Spend Smoking. Each Year
我每年抽烟花费多少时间。

A. Determine how many cigarettes you smoke each day, on average: cigarettes per day
A. 确定您每天平均吸烟多少支:每天支数
B. Multiply A by the number of minutes it takes you to smoke a cigarette (usually between 5 and 10 minutes)
B. 将 A 乘以您吸一支香烟所需的分钟数(通常在 5 到 10 分钟之间)
minutes it takes me to smoke a cigarette minutes spent smoking each day
吸一支香烟需要 分钟 每天吸烟的分钟数
C. Multiply B by 365 to identify the number of minutes you spend smoking each year minutes spent smoking each year
将 B 乘以 365,以确定您每年吸烟的分钟数。
D. Divide by 60 to determine the number of hours you spend smoking each year hours spent smoking each year
D. 将 除以 60,以确定您每年吸烟的小时数。
E. Divide by 24 to determine the number of days you spend smoking each year
E. 将 除以 24,以确定您每年吸烟的天数
days spent smoking each year
每年吸烟的日子

The Benefits of Going Smoke-free
戒烟的好处

Listed below are some of the many benefits of going smoke-free. Review this list and check off any of the benefits that you would like to achieve. Add your own benefits at the end.
以下是戒烟的许多好处之一。查看此列表,并勾选您想要实现的任何好处。在最后添加您自己的好处。

Proven Health Benefits 已证实的健康益处
By quitting smoking a person will REDUCE his/her risk of:
通过戒烟,一个人将减少以下风险:

Cardiovascular diseases including:
心血管疾病包括:
  • Abdominal aortic aneurysm (weak spots in heart
    腹主动脉瘤(心脏中的薄弱点

    vessels) 船只
  • Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries)
    动脉粥样硬化(动脉硬化)

    Stroke (which can lead to death or paralysis)
    中风(可能导致死亡或瘫痪)
  • Heart attack 心脏病发作
  • Peripheral vascular disease (circulatory problems)
    外周血管疾病(循环问题)
  • High blood pressure 高血压
    Cancer of the: 癌症的:
    B Bladder 膀胱
    Esophagus 食道
    G Kidney G 肾
    L Larynx L 喉部
  • Blood (leukemia) 血液(白血病)
  • Lung 
    Mouth 嘴巴
  • Pancreas 胰脏
  • Stomach 
    Respiratory diseases including:
    呼吸系统疾病包括:

口 Pneumonia 肺炎
  • Chronic bronchitis 慢性支气管炎
  • Emphysema/COPD 肺气肿/慢性阻塞性肺病
  • Influenza (the "flu") 流感(“流感”)
    The common cold 普通感冒
    Other health benefits include REDUCED risk of:
    其他健康好处包括减少风险:
  • High cholesterol (LDL) 高胆固醇(LDL)
  • Headaches 头痛
  • Migraines 偏头痛
  • Stomach ulcers 胃溃疡
  • Chronic bowel disease (Crohn's Disease)
    慢性肠道疾病(克罗恩病)

    Tooth decay (cavities) 龋齿(蛀牙)
    Gum disease 牙龈疾病
  • Osteoporosis 骨质疏松症
    Sleep problems (trouble falling asleep and/or frequent
    睡眠问题(入睡困难和/或频繁)

    waking) 醒着)
  • Cataracts 白内障
    Age-related macular degeneration (eye disease that
    年龄相关性黄斑变性(眼疾)

    leads to blindness) 导致失明)
  • Thyroid disease (Grave's Disease)
    甲状腺疾病(Grave's 病)
  • Hip fractures 髋部骨折
    L Low bone density
    低骨密度

    Female smokers will REDUCE their risk of:
    女性吸烟者将减少以下风险:
  • Cancer of the cervix (womb)
    子宫颈癌
  • Menstrual problems 月经问题
  • Fertility problems 生育问题
  • Spontaneous abortion (miscarriage)
    自然流产(流产)

    A low birth weight baby
    低出生体重的婴儿
  • Pregnancy complications 怀孕并发症
    Male smokers will REDUCE their risk of:
    男性吸烟者将减少他们的风险:
  • Erectile dysfunction (impotence)
    勃起功能障碍(阳痿)

    Fertility problems (problems with sperm)
    生育问题(精子问题)

Other Benefits Include: 其他好处包括:

More time for yourself
更多时间给自己
  • More money 更多的钱
  • More energy/vitality 更多的能量/活力
Increased life expectancy
增加的预期寿命
  • Better quality of life
    更好的生活质量
  • Increased sense of control/more freedom
    增强的控制感/更多的自由
Feel more socially acceptable
感觉更受社会认可
  • Reduced embarrassment 减少尴尬
  • House, hair and clothes will smell better
    房子、头发和衣服会闻起来更好
  • Decreased risk of diseases of household members from second-hand smoke
    家庭成员因二手烟而患病的风险降低
  • Decreased guilt of harming family
    减少了伤害家庭的罪恶感
Be more considerate to non-smokers, children and animals
对不吸烟者、儿童和动物更加体贴
B Build more, and effective, coping skills
建立更多、更有效的应对技能
  • Become a good role model
    成为一个好榜样
  • Increased sense of self-esteem
    提高的自尊心
  • Feel proud of yourself
    为自己感到自豪
  • Others feel proud of you
    别人为你感到骄傲
Increased confidence in setting and achieving goals
增强设定和实现目标的信心
  • Decreased dry mouth 减少口干
Decreased sore throat 喉咙痛减轻
D Decreased coughing D 减少咳嗽
Decreased yellow teeth/fingers/hair
减少了黄色牙齿/手指/头发
Skin won't age as quickly/better skin
皮肤不会那么快老化/更好的皮肤
Increased sense of taste
增强的味觉
Increased sense of smell
嗅觉增强
Better and more sex
更好更多的性爱
  • Be calmer/more focused 更冷静/更专注
  • Get a new identity
    获得一个新的身份
  • Don't support tobacco companies anymore
    不再支持烟草公司
  • Decreased negative impact on the environment
    减少对环境的负面影响
  • Freedom from nicotine urges and cravings
    摆脱尼古丁渴望和渴求的自由
  • Decrease nagging feeling of always wanting to quit
    减少总是想要放弃的烦躁感
Decrease chance of a house fire**
减少发生房屋火灾的机会

Other benefits I may experience
我可能会体验到的其他好处

from quitting that are not listed here:
口口口口口

  • Millions of acres of forests have been cleared to plant tobacco. Millions of trees have been cut down to provide wood to cure tobacco. Pesticides, fungicides and fertilizers are used to grow tobacco. Forty percent of the garbage in the streets and on the world's shorelines is tobacco related. Birds and fish die from accidentally eating tobacco butts.....and the list goes on.
    数百万英亩的森林已被清理用于种植烟草。数百万棵树被砍伐以提供木材来晾晒烟草。农药、杀菌剂和化肥被用于种植烟草。街道和世界海岸线上四成的垃圾与烟草有关。鸟类和鱼类因误食烟蒂而死亡......等等。
** Cigarettes are the number one known cause of fire-related fatalities in Canada. Cigarettes are the leading cause of residential fires in Canada. Fires started by cigarettes tend to result in more deaths and more property damage than fires started by other sources.
香烟是加拿大火灾致死人数的头号原因。香烟是加拿大住宅火灾的主要原因。由香烟引发的火灾往往导致比其他来源引发的火灾更多的死亡和财产损失。

Build the Right Attitude
建立正确的态度

ATT 3: How Using Tobacco Fits With My Values
ATT 3:使用烟草与我的价值观相符

An addiction can make a person behave in ways that are inconsistent with their values. (For example, a student eats organic food as much as possible because she believe it is healthier and has less chemicals and pesticides, yet she uses tobacco, which is a crop that uses toxic pesticides that are not allowed to be used in the food industry) Examining your values and identifying how tobacco fits or doesn't fit with them helps shift your attitude to one that is favourable to smoke-free living. A value is something that is important to you...something that has worth. In the spaces below, list some of the values that you hold and that you live your life by. Then identify how smoking fits with the value as well as how quitting smoking fits with the value. If you have a hard time identifying your values there is a list at the end of this exercise that can stimulate your thoughts. One example is provided to get you started.
上瘾会让一个人表现出与他们的价值观不一致的行为。(例如,一名学生尽可能多地食用有机食品,因为她认为这样更健康,化学物质和农药含量更低,然而她却吸烟,而烟草是一种使用有毒农药的作物,在食品行业是不允许使用的)审视你的价值观,并确定烟草与之是否契合有助于改变你对无烟生活的态度。价值观是对你重要的事物...有价值的事物。在下面的空格中,列出一些你坚持并生活的价值观。然后确定吸烟与该价值观的契合程度,以及戒烟与该价值观的契合程度。如果你很难确定自己的价值观,本练习末尾有一个列表,可以激发你的思考。提供一个示例以帮助你开始。
Example. What I value:
例子。我重视的是:
My health 我的健康
How using tobacco fits with this value: I can't think of a way that smoking fits with being healthy.
吸烟如何符合这个价值观:我想不出吸烟与健康相符的方式。
How quitting tobacco fits with this value: clearly, when I quit smoking my health will improve. I will reduce my risk of a variety of illnesses including some cancers, respiratory diseases, cardiovascular diseases and more.
戒烟如何符合这个价值观:显然,当我戒烟时,我的健康将会改善。我将减少患各种疾病的风险,包括一些癌症、呼吸道疾病、心血管疾病等等。

1. What I value:
1. 我所重视的是:

How using tobacco fits with this value:
如何使用烟草符合这个价值观:
How quitting tobacco fits with this value:
戒烟如何符合这个价值观:
  1. What I value: 我重视的是:
How using tobacco fits with this value:
如何使用烟草符合这个价值观:
How quitting tobacco fits with this value:
戒烟如何符合这个价值观:
  1. What I value: 我重视的东西:
How using tobacco fits with this value:
如何使用烟草符合这个价值观:
How quitting tobacco fits with this value:
戒烟如何符合这个价值观:
  1. What I value: 我重视的东西:
How using tobacco fits with this value:
如何使用烟草符合这个价值观:
How quitting tobacco fits with this value:
戒烟如何符合这个价值观:

5. What I value:
5. 我所重视的是:

How using tobacco fits with this value:
如何使用烟草符合这个价值观:
How quitting tobacco fits with this value:
戒烟如何符合这个价值观:
  1. What I value: 我重视的东西:
How using tobacco fits with this value:
如何使用烟草符合这个价值观:
How quitting tobacco fits with this value:
戒烟如何符合这个价值观:
  1. What I value: 我重视的东西:
How using tobacco fits with this value:
如何使用烟草符合这个价值观:
How quitting tobacco fits with this value:
戒烟如何符合这个价值观:
Some Values 一些价值
Accomplishment, 成就 Challenge 挑战 Creativity 创造力
Success 成功 Change 变化 Decisiveness 果断性
Adaptability 适应性 Charity, giving, 慈善,给予 Dependability 可靠性
Adventure 冒险 generosity 慷慨 Devotion 奉献
Amusement, 娱乐 Cleanliness 清洁 Dignity 尊严
entertainment, 娱乐 Collaboration, 合作 Discipline 纪律
recreation 娱乐 teamwork 团队合作 Discovery 发现
Assertiveness 自信主义 Commitment 承诺 Economy 经济
Balance 平衡 Communication 通讯 Education, 教育
Beauty, 美丽 Community 社区 learning, 学习
Attractiveness 吸引力 Competence 能力 knowledge 知识
Belonging 归属 Competition 竞争 Efficiency 效率
Bravery, courage 勇气,勇气 Consciousness 意识 Energy 能源
Career 职业 Consistency 一致性 Excellence 卓越
Calmness, serenity, 平静,宁静, Control 控制 Expertise 专业知识
tranquility 宁静 Cooperation 合作 Fairness, equality 公平,平等

信仰,灵性 名望 家庭 时尚 金融安全 自由,自由 友谊 节俭 乐趣 善良 感恩 成长,改善,发展 努力 健康,健身
Faith, spirituality
Fame
Family
Fashion
Financial security
Freedom, liberty
Friendship
Frugality
Fun
Goodness
Gratitude
Growth,
improvement,
development
Hard work
Health, fitness

幸福,满足,喜悦,愉悦和谐诚实荣誉独立,自力更生正直亲密正义领导逻辑,理性爱,浪漫忠诚成熟
Happiness,
contentment, joy,
delight
Harmony
Honesty
Honor
Independence,
self-reliance
Integrity
Intimacy
Justice
Leadership
Logic, reason
Love, romance
Loyalty
Maturity

开放秩序组织和平激情愉悦积极态度,乐观力量声望,富裕解决问题专业主义进步繁荣,财富,金钱放松,休息
Openness
Order
Organization
Peace
Passion
Pleasure
Positive attitude,
optimism
Power
Prestige, affluence
Problem Solving
Professionalism
Progress
Prosperity, wealth,
money
Relaxation, rest

资源尊重 安全分享 简单技能 孤独稳定力量传统信任真相多样智慧
Resourcefulness
Respect
Safety, security
Sharing
Simplicity
Skill
Solitude
Stability
Strength
Tradition
Trust
Truth
Variety
Wisdom

ATT 4: How Using Tobacco Fits With My Goals
ATT 4:如何使用烟草符合我的目标

Many of those who use tobacco are unaware of how it can interfere with reaching life goals, such as financial security or having a family. Below, list some of the goals you have for yourself and seriously think about how continuing to smoke will help you achieve those goals. Also, think about how quitting smoking will help you to better achieve these goals.
许多吸烟者并不了解吸烟如何干扰实现生活目标,比如财务安全或组建家庭。在下面列出一些你为自己设定的目标,并认真思考继续吸烟如何帮助你实现这些目标。同时,考虑戒烟如何帮助你更好地实现这些目标。
Example: One of the goals I have in life is to: Be financially secure
How does using tobacco contribute to achieving this goal? I can't see a way that spending thousands of dollars a
    year on tobacco can contribute to my financial security.
How does stopping to use tobacco contribute to achieving this goal? I can put the money I would have spent on
    tobacoo into a compounded interest savings account, which will improve my financial situation. On average,
    people who use tobacco have less net worth, less savings, and make less money. Just looking at the statistics, I
    would prefer to be in the category of non-smokers who, on average, make more money and have more savings.
    Also, many employers are reluctant to hire a person who smokes, as smokers take more days off from work, take
    more breaks and cost the company more in health insurance. By becoming a non-smoker, this won't be a barrier
    for me in seeking a good job.

1. One goal I have in life is to:
1. 我在生活中的一个目标是:

How does using tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
吸烟如何有助于实现这个目标?
How does quitting tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
戒烟如何有助于实现这个目标?

2. One goal I have in life is to:
2. 我在生活中的一个目标是:

How does using tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
吸烟如何有助于实现这个目标?
How does quitting tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
戒烟如何有助于实现这个目标?
  1. One goal I have in life is to:
    我生活中的一个目标是:
How does using tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
吸烟如何有助于实现这个目标?
How does quitting tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
戒烟如何有助于实现这个目标?

4. One goal I have in life is to:
4. 我在生活中的一个目标是:

How does using tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
吸烟如何有助于实现这个目标?
How does quitting tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
戒烟如何有助于实现这个目标?

5. One goal I have in life is to:
5. 我在生活中的一个目标是:

How does using tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
吸烟如何有助于实现这个目标?
How does quitting tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
戒烟如何有助于实现这个目标?
  1. One goal I have in life is to:
    我生活中的一个目标是:
How does using tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
吸烟如何有助于实现这个目标?
How does quitting tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
戒烟如何有助于实现这个目标?
  1. One goal I have in life is to:
    我生活中的一个目标是:
How does using tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
吸烟如何有助于实现这个目标?
How does quitting tobacco contribute to achieving this goal?
戒烟如何有助于实现这个目标?

ATT 5: Disputing the Myths About Smoking
ATT 5:驳斥有关吸烟的神话

Nicotine is addictive. As such, the truth about the effects of tobacco as well as accurate information about quitting are often overshadowed by myths. These myths are often propagated by the tobacco industry through advertising, marketing, product placement and other tactics. A smoker may use these myths to justify continuing to smoke. In order to effectively quit smoking, a person needs to break down their "nicotine filter" and critically examine these myths. Here are a few common myths about tobacco and the reasons why they are a myth.
尼古丁具有成瘾性。因此,关于烟草影响的真相以及关于戒烟的准确信息往往被谣言所掩盖。这些谣言通常是由烟草行业通过广告、营销、产品放置和其他策略传播的。吸烟者可能会利用这些谣言来为继续吸烟辩解。为了有效戒烟,一个人需要打破他们的“尼古丁过滤器”,并批判性地审视这些谣言。以下是一些关于烟草的常见谣言以及它们为何是谣言的原因。

The consequences of continuing to smoke won't happen to me.
继续吸烟的后果不会发生在我身上。

The pleasure/reward center of the brain of a smoker enjoys being stimulated by nicotine. Any attempt to stop giving nicotine to the brain will be blocked. One way this happens is that a "nicotine filter" is created, where the brain entertains only information that supports continued smoking, and ignores (or rationalizes away) information that supports the quit. For many smokers, this rationalization takes the form of "These bad things won't happen to me" or "I'm different". The truth is that the toxins in tobacco smoke are not selective. Half of regular tobacco users will die of smoking related causes. There is no way to predict who will die and who won't. Also, the vast majority of regular tobacco users will experience negative consequences (including disability, illness and decreased quality of life) related to tobacco use. It is not reasonable to believe that one person is not vulnerable to these consequences while others are.
吸烟者大脑的快乐/奖励中心喜欢被尼古丁刺激。任何试图停止给大脑尼古丁的尝试都会被阻止。这种情况发生的一种方式是创建了一个“尼古丁过滤器”,大脑只接受支持继续吸烟的信息,忽视(或合理化)支持戒烟的信息。对许多吸烟者来说,这种合理化表现为“这些坏事不会发生在我身上”或“我不一样”。事实是,烟草烟雾中的毒素并不具有选择性。一半的常规烟草使用者将死于与吸烟有关的原因。没有办法预测谁会死亡,谁不会。此外,绝大多数常规烟草使用者将经历与烟草使用相关的负面后果(包括残疾、疾病和生活质量下降)。认为一个人不容易受到这些后果影响而其他人容易受到影响是不合理的。

Smoking helps reduce stress.
吸烟有助于减轻压力。

Smoking does not reduce stress. In fact, it causes stress. The brain of a smoker is addicted to nicotine, and when nicotine levels in the brain drop (which begins as soon as a smoker puts out a cigarette) the brain starts "demanding" more. This is experienced by the smoker as irritability and stress. In essence, not smoking creates stress. Of course, as soon as the smoker takes a puff, the brain gets nicotine and stops "asking" for it. This is interpreted by the smoker as stress relief. Also, stress is a stimulating experience. Blood pressure, muscle tension, heart rate and respiration increase when a person experiences stress. Tobacco also stimulates the body by increasing blood pressure and heart rate; therefore, it doesn't relieve stress. Finally, deep breathing is an effective short-term, relaxation strategy that can be used to manage stress. Every time a smoker takes a "drag" they breathe deeply and this may be another reason why a person thinks that it relieves stress. The truth is that nicotine does not create a "high", it temporarily removes a low!
吸烟并不能减轻压力。事实上,它会导致压力。吸烟者的大脑对尼古丁上瘾,当大脑中的尼古丁水平下降(这在吸烟者熄灭香烟后立即开始)时,大脑开始“要求”更多。吸烟者会感到烦躁和压力。实质上,不吸烟会造成压力。当吸烟者抽一口烟时,大脑获得尼古丁并停止“要求”它。吸烟者会将此解释为减轻压力。此外,压力是一种刺激性体验。当一个人经历压力时,血压、肌肉紧张、心率和呼吸会增加。烟草也通过增加血压和心率来刺激身体;因此,它并不能减轻压力。最后,深呼吸是一种有效的短期放松策略,可用于管理压力。每当吸烟者吸一口烟时,他们会深呼吸,这可能是人们认为吸烟减轻压力的另一个原因。事实是,尼古丁并不会让人“high”,它只是暂时消除了低迷感!

Sure, smoking is unhealthy, but a lot of other things are just as bad for you.
当然,吸烟是不健康的,但很多其他事情对你来说也同样糟糕。

Tobacco use is responsible for 45,000 Canadian deaths each year, and many, many more suffer from terrible health problems because of it. Smoking is far, far worse than other health hazards. As one researcher put it "cigarette smoking remains the number one preventable cause of death in Canada and its impact on the health of Canadians continues to be an unacceptable burden." Half of the people who smoke will die of smoking related causes. Not very good odds!! Sure, you may be "hit by a bus" any day, as they say, but you usually look both ways before you cross the street. You don't intentionally put yourself in harm's way. Choosing to smoke and choosing not to quit is putting yourself in harm's way.
吸烟每年导致 4.5 万加拿大人死亡,更多人因此患上严重健康问题。吸烟远远比其他健康危害更糟糕。正如一位研究人员所说,“吸烟仍然是加拿大第一大可预防死因,对加拿大人健康的影响仍然是不可接受的负担。” 一半吸烟者将死于与吸烟有关的原因。这并不是很好的几率!当然,你可能随时会被“公共汽车”撞倒,但通常在过马路之前你会看两边。你不会故意置自己于危险之中。选择吸烟和选择不戒烟是置自己于危险之中。

I'll gain weight if I quit.
如果我戒烟,我会变胖。

Research indicates that most people do not gain weight when they quit smoking. Those who do gain weight usually gain less than 3 kilograms. Most people who gain weight after quitting will lose it. Research shows that, on average, people who smoke gain weight as they age. Research also confirms that there is no difference in the average weight of ex-smokers compared to smokers, therefore, quitting smoking is not associated with significant weight gain. Also, the coping strategies that you build to quit smoking are the exact same ones you can use to manage weight. Many people find that when they quit smoking they also adopt other health-enhancing behaviors such as better nutrition and increased physical activity, both of which contribute to achieving a healthy weight.
研究表明,大多数人戒烟后并不会增加体重。那些增加体重的人通常增重不超过 3 公斤。大多数戒烟后增重的人最终会减掉这部分体重。研究显示,一般来说,吸烟的人随着年龄增长会增加体重。研究还证实,戒烟者的平均体重与吸烟者没有显著差异,因此,戒烟与体重显著增加无关。此外,你用来戒烟的应对策略也可以用来控制体重。许多人发现,戒烟后他们还会采取其他有益健康的行为,如改善营养和增加体育活动,这两者都有助于保持健康体重。

I'm young. I'll quit in the next few years.
我还年轻。我会在接下来的几年里辞职。

The vast majority of people who smoke started before the age of 20 . Most young people who smoke daily don't expect to continue smoking, but most are still smoking five years later and beyond. Being young does not make a person immune to becoming addicted. Nicotine is a very addictive substance. Don't get caught up in the belief that you will be able to quit whenever you want. Now is the time to stop.
绝大多数吸烟的人在 20 岁之前开始吸烟。大多数每天吸烟的年轻人并不指望会继续吸烟,但大多数人在五年后甚至更久仍在吸烟。年轻并不意味着一个人不会上瘾。尼古丁是一种非常容易上瘾的物质。不要陷入认为你随时都能戒烟的信念中。现在是停止的时候。

Smoking looks sexy. 吸烟看起来性感。

Or at least, that's what the tobacco industry would like you to think. Smoking causes deep wrinkles and sagging skin (not very sexy). Yellow teeth and skin, gum disease and tooth loss are some of the effects of smoking (not very sexy). The smell of tobacco on a person is distasteful to most people (not very sexy). And, as non-smokers can tell you, kissing someone who smokes is not tasty, let alone sexy. Men who smoke are at a greater risk of erectile dysfunction. In both men and women, those who smoke have sex less often and rate sex as less enjoyable. Studies reveal that smokers are rated as less attractive than non-smokers. Research also indicates that both women and men find confidence, intelligence, sense of humour, cleanliness and a healthy body to be the qualities they find most attractive in a partner. Smoking is not consistent with most of these qualities.
至少,这是烟草行业希望你认为的。吸烟会导致皱纹加深和皮肤松弛(不太性感)。牙齿和皮肤发黄,牙龈疾病和牙齿脱落是吸烟的一些影响(不太性感)。大多数人对一个人身上的烟草味道感到厌恶(不太性感)。而且,正如不吸烟者所告诉你的那样,亲吻吸烟者并不美味,更别提性感了。吸烟的男性患勃起功能障碍的风险更大。无论是男性还是女性,吸烟者性生活频率较低,性爱体验也较差。研究表明,吸烟者被评为比不吸烟者更不吸引人。研究还表明,无论是女性还是男性,他们认为自信、智慧、幽默感、清洁和健康的身体是他们在伴侣中最吸引人的品质。吸烟与这些品质大多不一致。

One cigarette won't hurt.
一支香烟不会伤害。

There is a saying in the smoking cessation world that states "You're a puff away from a pack-a-day". Many people who quit smoking hope for a day when they can have "just one". This is not an option for a person who is struggling with an addiction. Would you suggest that it is OK for a recovering heroin addict to do just a little bit of heroin? Or what about a recovering alcoholic to have just one drink? Of course not. Having "just one" stimulates the nicotine receptors in the brain, and the addiction can take hold again. A person may also feel guilty or shameful after "breaking down", and this contributes to a negative emotional state of mind that can lead to continued use. The research on social smokers demonstrates that many don't remain social smokers in the long-term. Occasional smokers either become regular smokers or stop using tobacco altogether.
在戒烟世界中有一句话:“你离一天一包只有一口之遥。”许多戒烟的人希望有一天可以“只抽一支”。对于正在与瘾症抗争的人来说,这不是一个选择。你会建议一个康复的海洛因成瘾者只吸一点点海洛因吗?或者一个康复的酗酒者只喝一杯酒?当然不会。“只抽一支”会刺激大脑中的尼古丁受体,瘾症可能再次发作。一个人在“崩溃”后可能会感到内疚或羞愧,这会导致消极的情绪状态,进而导致继续使用。关于社交吸烟者的研究表明,许多人长期来看不会保持社交吸烟者的身份。偶尔吸烟者要么变成常规吸烟者,要么完全戒烟。

I smoke light cigarettes/I only smoke a little, so it's not so bad.
我抽淡烟/我只是抽一点点,所以还好。

"Light" cigarettes contain the same harmful compounds as regular cigarettes, including lead, ammonia, benzene, DDT, butane gas, carbon monoxide, arsenic, and polonium 210. People who smoke light cigarettes try to obtain more nicotine by inhaling deeper or smoking more. The result: smokers of light cigarettes tend to have lung cancer lower in the lungs. There is no such thing as a safe cigarette. Also, smoking just a little is related to significant negative health effects. Research reveals that even "occasional" (less-than-daily) smoking, smoking only a few cigarettes per day, or smoking "without inhaling" can increase a person's risk of heart disease and shorten their life. Another problem with smoking "just a little" is that most people can't do it for long. Soon, they find themselves smoking every day, several times a day; and the more they smoke, the more they damage their health.
“轻”香烟含有与普通香烟相同的有害化合物,包括铅、氨、苯、DDT、丁烷气、一氧化碳、砷和钋 210。吸食“轻”香烟的人会尝试通过深呼吸或多吸烟来获得更多尼古丁。结果是:吸食“轻”香烟的人往往患有较低位置的肺癌。没有安全的香烟。此外,即使吸烟量很少,也会导致显著的负面健康影响。研究表明,即使是“偶尔”(少于每天一次)吸烟、每天只吸几支香烟或“不吸入”吸烟都会增加一个人患心脏病的风险并缩短寿命。吸烟“少许”的另一个问题是,大多数人无法长时间坚持。很快,他们会发现自己每天吸烟,一天几次;而他们吸烟越多,损害健康就越严重。

The best way to quit is "cold turkey".
戒烟的最佳方式是“戒断”。

Again, smoking is an addiction. Effectively quitting requires a plan, which includes building and rehearsing skills to cope with negative emotions. Your attitude towards smoking is an important factor in quitting. If you see quitting as a deprivation you will likely not remain smoke-free. You will probably "whiteknuckle" your way through the urges to smoke. You can't keep doing that forever: eventually you will be worn down. On the other hand, if you see quitting as the best gift you can give yourself, quitting and remaining smoke-free will be easier. Some people are successful at quitting cold turkey. These people have usually given a lot of thought to how tobacco fits with their values and beliefs and have decided that there is no role for tobacco in their life. The best way to quit is to understand nicotine addiction, to adopt a positive attitude to smoke-free living and to build skills to manage the negative emotions created by nicotine withdrawal.
再次,吸烟是一种瘾。有效戒烟需要一个计划,其中包括建立和排练应对负面情绪的技能。你对吸烟的态度是戒烟的重要因素。如果你认为戒烟是一种剥夺,你可能无法保持戒烟。你可能会“死命”抵抗吸烟的冲动。你不能永远这样做:最终你会被消耗殆尽。另一方面,如果你认为戒烟是你可以给自己的最好礼物,戒烟和保持戒烟将会更容易。有些人成功地戒烟了。这些人通常已经深思熟虑了烟草与他们的价值观和信仰的关系,并决定在他们的生活中没有烟草的角色。戒烟的最佳方法是了解尼古丁成瘾,采取积极的态度对待无烟生活,并建立应对尼古丁戒断引起的负面情绪的技能。

It's easy to quit smoking.
戒烟很容易。

There are many reasons why individuals smoke. Even though many know the effects that smoking can have on their health, this doesn' discourage them or make it any easier for them to stop. This is because they are addicted to nicotine. When experts in the field of addiction consider physiological and psychological factors, nicotine addiction is rated stronger than heroin, cocaine, and all the other substances of abuse. Cigarette manufacturers have spent a tremendous amount of money and time to study tobacco, and they have modified their product to make it more addictive. It's good business for them when people become addicted. They work hard to get people smoking and keep them smoking. Quitting requires a focused effort. Although it can be difficult to quit smoking, quitting can be easier by approaching it with a plan and a positive attitude.
有许多原因导致个人吸烟。尽管许多人知道吸烟对健康的影响,但这并没有阻止他们或使他们更容易戒烟。这是因为他们对尼古丁上瘾。当成瘾领域的专家考虑生理和心理因素时,尼古丁成瘾被评为比海洛因、可卡因和所有其他滥用物质更强烈。香烟制造商花费了大量资金和时间研究烟草,并修改了他们的产品使其更容易上瘾。当人们上瘾时,这对他们来说是好生意。他们努力让人们开始吸烟并继续吸烟。戒烟需要集中的努力。尽管戒烟可能很困难,但通过制定计划和积极的态度来对待戒烟可能会更容易。

I enjoy smoking. 我喜欢抽烟。

A person addicted to nicotine believes that they enjoy smoking; just like a person addicted to alcohol believes they enjoy alcohol, a person addicted to crack believes they enjoy crack, and a person addicted to heroin believes they enjoy heroin. This is the nature of an addiction. It's not that a person enjoys smoking, rather they don't feel good when they are not smoking. Smoking becomes such a significant part of an individual's lifestyle that they continue to smoke, not because they enjoy it, but because they feel miserable if they don't.
一个对尼古丁上瘾的人认为他们喜欢吸烟;就像一个对酒精上瘾的人认为他们喜欢酒精,一个对烟毒上瘾的人认为他们喜欢烟毒,一个对海洛因上瘾的人认为他们喜欢海洛因。这就是成瘾的本质。并不是一个人喜欢吸烟,而是他们不吸烟时感觉不好。吸烟成为个人生活方式中如此重要的一部分,他们继续吸烟并不是因为他们喜欢,而是因为如果不吸烟会感到痛苦。

Smoking is cool. 吸烟很酷。

Many young people start smoking because they believe it makes them look cool and more mature, and because their friends smoke. In fact smoking does the opposite. It causes premature aging by drying out the skin and producing wrinkles. Other effects of tobacco use are smelly clothes, smelly hair and breath, and yellow-stained teeth. None of these is perceived as cool by the vast majority of people. There used to be a time when many people thought that smoking was cool. This attitude was promoted by the tobacco industry. This is no longer true. The vast majority of people see tobacco use in a negative light, including people who use tobacco.
许多年轻人开始吸烟是因为他们认为这让他们看起来更酷、更成熟,还有因为他们的朋友吸烟。事实上,吸烟产生的效果恰恰相反。它会通过使皮肤干燥和产生皱纹导致过早衰老。吸烟的其他影响包括衣服、头发和口气散发出难闻的气味,以及牙齿变黄。绝大多数人并不认为这些是酷的。曾经有一段时间,许多人认为吸烟很酷。这种态度是由烟草行业推广的。但现在已经不再是真的了。绝大多数人对烟草使用持负面看法,包括那些使用烟草的人。

My smoking doesn't affect anyone else.
我的吸烟不会影响其他人。

It's a free country. If a person wants to smoke, what right does anyone else have to stop them? This is a valid point, and if an individual wants to smoke it is up to them. However, smokers are affecting other people's health by subjecting others to second-hand smoke, which has been linked to a variety of illnesses in non-smokers including lung cancer. Furthermore, much of the tobacco consumed in North America and Europe is farmed in countries where child labor is common. Children turn to picking tobacco to add to the family income and as a result they don't go to school to receive an education. Therefore, tobacco consumption in North America affects people as far away as Africa and Asia. Forests are being cut down to make fields to grow tobacco and to get wood to process tobacco. This has a negative effect on the environment, including promoting global warming. Animals, such as birds, accidently eat cigarette butts and die. It has been estimated that up to of garbage on city streets and on the shorelines of the world is tobacco related. These are some of the many reasons indicating how using tobacco affects others and the planet.
这是一个自由的国家。如果一个人想抽烟,其他人有什么权利阻止他们呢?这是一个有效的观点,如果一个人想抽烟,那就由他们自己决定。然而,吸烟者通过让他人暴露于二手烟而影响其他人的健康,二手烟已被证实与非吸烟者患上多种疾病,包括肺癌有关。此外,北美和欧洲消费的大部分烟草是在儿童劳动常见的国家种植的。孩子们转而采摘烟草来增加家庭收入,结果是他们不去学校接受教育。因此,北美的烟草消费影响着非洲和亚洲等遥远地方的人们。森林被砍伐以种植烟草和获取加工烟草所需的木材。这对环境产生负面影响,包括促进全球变暖。动物,如鸟类,会不小心吞食烟蒂而死亡。据估计,全球城市街道和海岸线上高达 的垃圾与烟草有关。这些是一些表明吸烟如何影响他人和地球的许多原因之一。
Although some people die as young as late 20 's or early 30 's, it is true that most of the diseases suffered by smokers occur after the age of 50 . These smoking-related illnesses can be long-term, miserable, debilitating and fatal. On the other hand, many individuals suffer from illnesses long before this age, which include gangrene, ulcers and respiratory diseases. The problem is, the earlier an individual starts to smoke and the longer they smoke, the more likely they are to suffer from a smoking-related disease. Also, smokers suffer more from a wide variety of negative heath effects of smoking, including an increased risk of a cold, the flu, pneumonia and more. In general, smokers at all ages have poorer health than their non-smoking (or ex-smoking) counterparts.
尽管有些人在 20 多岁末期或 30 多岁初期就去世,但大多数吸烟者患病的情况发生在 50 岁以后。这些与吸烟有关的疾病可能是长期的、痛苦的、致残的和致命的。另一方面,许多人在这个年龄之前就患有疾病,包括坏疽、溃疡和呼吸道疾病。问题在于,一个人开始吸烟的时间越早,吸烟时间越长,他们患吸烟相关疾病的可能性就越大。此外,吸烟者更容易受到各种吸烟负面健康影响的影响,包括感冒、流感、肺炎等风险增加。总的来说,吸烟者在各个年龄段的健康状况都比不吸烟(或戒烟)的人差。

I'll quit when I'm pregnant.
我怀孕时就会辞职。

It may be harder to get pregnant if you smoke as smoking is linked to infertility. If you smoke during pregnancy you have an increased chance of miscarriage and complications during pregnancy. Numerous research studies indicate that the development of the fetus is negatively affected by the compounds in tobacco. Also, there is a higher risk of many problems for the child throughout their life if the mother smokes during pregnancy. It might take you a couple of attempts to actually stop smoking, so your chances of success with quitting are better the earlier you start the quitting process. Many women continue to smoke despite making a promise that they wouldn't smoke should they become pregnant.
如果您吸烟,怀孕可能会更加困难,因为吸烟与不孕症有关。怀孕期间吸烟会增加流产和怀孕并发症的风险。许多研究表明,胎儿的发育受到烟草中化合物的负面影响。此外,如果母亲在怀孕期间吸烟,孩子一生中会面临许多问题的风险更高。实际上戒烟可能需要您尝试几次,所以您开始戒烟过程越早,成功戒烟的机会就越大。许多女性尽管承诺怀孕后不再吸烟,但仍然继续吸烟。

Build Coping Strategies
COPE1: Monitoring My Tobacco Use
构建应对策略 COPE1:监控我的烟草使用

One important aspect of quitting smoking is to identify times, moods, or situations where the urge to smoke is greatest, as these could present a challenge to quitting. Use the workspaces below to keep track of all the cigarettes that you smoke each day. Enter the time of day, need (1=don't need cigarette, very high need), mood and any comments.
戒烟的一个重要方面是识别吸烟冲动最强烈的时间、心情或情境,因为这些可能对戒烟构成挑战。请使用下面的工作空间记录每天吸烟的所有香烟。输入每天的时间、需求(1=不需要香烟, 非常需要)、心情和任何评论。
Keep this sheet and a pen/pencil with your pack of cigarettes so you don't forget. (You can cut out one panel for each day.) Enter the information as soon as you finish the cigarette. If you need more sheets you can photocopy these.
将这张表和一支笔/铅笔放在你的香烟包里,这样你就不会忘记了。(你可以每天剪下一个面板。)在吸完烟后立即输入信息。如果你需要更多的表格,你可以复印这些。
Date: 日期:

评论(工作休息,和朋友出去,独自在家等)
Comments
(break from work, out with friends, home alone etc.)
No. 不。 Time 时间
3
4
5
6
{
}
9
10
11
12
Date: 日期:

情绪/情感(快乐、悲伤、孤独、紧张、无聊等)
Mood/Emotions
(happy, sad, lonely, stressed, bored, etc.)

评论(工作休息,和朋友出去,独自在家等)。
Comments
(break from work, out with friends, home alone etc.)
No. 不。 Time 时间
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Date: 日期: Need 需要 Mood/Emotions 情绪/情感 Comments 评论
No. 不。 Time 时间 (happy, sad, lonely, stressed , bored, etc.)
快乐,悲伤,孤独,压力,无聊等。
(break from work, out with friends, home alone etc.)
(工作休息,和朋友出去,独自在家等)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Date: 日期:

情绪/情感(快乐、悲伤、孤独、紧张、无聊等)
Mood/Emotions
(happy, sad, lonely, stressed, bored, etc.)

评论(工作休息,和朋友出去,独自在家等)。
Comments
(break from work, out with friends, home alone etc.)
No. 不。 Time 时间
3
4
5
8
9
12
Date: 日期: Need 需要 Mood/Emotions 情绪/情感 Comments 评论
No. 不。 Time 时间 (happy, sad, lonely, stressed, bored, etc.)
(快乐,悲伤,孤独,压力,无聊,等等。)
(break from work, out with friends, home alone etc.)
(工作休息,和朋友出去,独自在家等)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Date: 日期:

情绪/情感(快乐、悲伤、孤独、紧张、无聊等)
Mood/Emotions
(happy, sad, lonely, stressed, bored, etc.)
Comments 评论
No. 不。 Time 时间
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Date: 日期:

情绪/情感(快乐、悲伤、孤独、紧张、无聊等)
Mood/Emotions
(happy, sad, lonely, stressed, bored, etc.)

评论(工作休息,和朋友出去,独自在家等)。
Comments
(break from work, out with friends, home alone etc.)
No. 不。 Time 时间
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Date: 日期:
 需要
Need

情绪/情感(快乐、悲伤、孤独、紧张、无聊等)
Mood/Emotions
(happy, sad, lonely, stressed, bored, etc.)
(break from work, out with frients, home alone etc.)
(工作休息,和朋友出去,独自在家等)
No. 不。 Time 时间
1
2
5
6
7
8
12

Build Coping Strategies
COPE11: Wallet Card
构建应对策略 COPE11:钱包卡

This is your wallet card. Cut it out, fill it out, fold it in half and keep it with you at all times. After completing exercise COPE2, review your "Reasons to Quit" and add your top 5 reasons
这是您的钱包卡。剪下来,填写完整,对折一半,随身携带。完成运动 COPE2 后,回顾您的“戒烟原因”,并添加您的前 5 个原因。
Date: 日期:

情绪/情感(快乐、悲伤、孤独、紧张、无聊等)
Mood/Emotions
(happy, sad, lonely, stressed, bored, etc.)

评论(工作休息,和朋友出去,独自在家等)。
Comments
(break from work, out with friends, home alone etc.)
No. 不。 Time 时间
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Date: 日期:

情绪/情感(快乐、悲伤、孤独、紧张、无聊等)
Mood/Emotions
(happy, sad, lonely, stressed, bored, etc.)

评论(工作休息,和朋友出去,独自在家等)。
Comments
(break from work, out with friends, home alone etc.)
No. 不。 Time 时间
3
4
5
8
9
11
12

Personal Strategies for Smoke-free Living
无烟生活的个人策略

8 .
9 .

Build Coping Strategies 构建应对策略

The only reason you continue to smoke, despite wishing to quit, is because you are addicted to nicotine. When you stop using tobacco, your brain stops getting nicotine and this usually results in the experience of negative emotions. It is extremely important to note that these negative emotions will go away whether you smoke or you don't. This urge is short-lived, only lasting a minute or two. As time goes by without smoking, these negative emotions will occur less frequently and will be less strong, until eventually they will go away altogether.
您继续吸烟的唯一原因,尽管希望戒烟,是因为您对尼古丁上瘾。当您停止使用烟草时,您的大脑停止获得尼古丁,通常会导致负面情绪的体验。非常重要的是要注意,这些负面情绪无论您吸烟与否都会消失。这种冲动是短暂的,只持续一两分钟。随着时间的推移,不吸烟时这些负面情绪会越来越少,也会变得越来越弱,最终会完全消失。
The amount of time it takes for the urge to disappear varies from person to person. Within three (3) days of quitting smoking, all the nicotine in your system will be eliminated. However, the receptors that nicotine stimulates in the pleasure/reward area of your brain still have a "memory" and will "ask" for more nicotine, which you will experience as irritability, anxiety, nervousness, craving for a cigarette etc. This means that you will likely have the urge to smoke even after the nicotine is gone from your body. Those who adopt a positive attitude to smoke-free living (i.e. see quitting as a gift rather than a deprivation) will generally experience much weaker urges that will disappear sooner than someone who hasn't adopted a positive attitude to smoke-free living.
戒烟后,消失冲动所需的时间因人而异。在戒烟后的三(3)天内,你体内的尼古丁将被清除。然而,尼古丁在大脑快乐/奖励区域刺激的受体仍然具有“记忆”,会“要求”更多尼古丁,你会感到烦躁、焦虑、紧张、渴望吸烟等。这意味着即使体内的尼古丁消失了,你仍然可能有吸烟的冲动。那些对无烟生活持积极态度的人(即将戒烟视为一份礼物而不是剥夺)通常会经历较弱的冲动,这些冲动会比那些没有采取积极态度的人更快消失。
The goal of this section of the quit smoking plan is to help you build dozens upon dozens of non-nicotine coping strategies to manage the negative emotions that you will likely experience when you quit. When you feel bad and have the urge to smoke, turn to one of these strategies rather than turn to tobacco. Not only are these coping strategies effective for helping you quit smoking, they are also effective in many other situations that require you to cope with negative emotions. This part of the plan is never finished: you can always keep adding to your list of coping strategies as you think of new ones.
戒烟计划的这一部分的目标是帮助您建立数十种非尼古丁应对策略,以管理您戒烟时可能会经历的负面情绪。当您感到不舒服并有吸烟的冲动时,请转向这些策略之一,而不是求助于烟草。这些应对策略不仅对帮助您戒烟有效,而且在许多其他需要应对负面情绪的情况下也很有效。这个计划的这部分永远不会完成:您可以随时根据新想法不断添加您的应对策略清单。
There are two main types of coping strategies: cognitive and behavioural. Cognitive strategies are those in which you change the way you think about a situation, such as viewing quitting as a gift rather than a deprivation, remembering that the urge is temporary and will go away, and reminding yourself that smoking creates stress rather than helps manage it. Behavioral strategies are those where you actually do something to manage the negative emotions. Behavioral strategies include exercising, drinking a glass of water, deep breathing, singing, doing a hobby etc.
有两种主要的应对策略:认知和行为。认知策略是指改变你对情况的看法,比如将戒烟视为一种礼物而不是剥夺,记住冲动是暂时的会消失,提醒自己吸烟会产生压力而不是帮助管理压力。行为策略是指你实际做一些事情来管理负面情绪。行为策略包括运动、喝一杯水、深呼吸、唱歌、做爱好等。
As you do each exercise in the coping section, note the coping strategies that you feel will be most effective and write them on "My List of Coping Strategies" (exercise COPE10). Review the list and transfer some of your best ideas to your wallet card (exercise COPEII), which will be your quick reference for coping strategies any time you need it.
在应对部分进行每项练习时,请注意您认为最有效的应对策略,并将它们写在“我的应对策略清单”(练习 COPE10)上。回顾清单,并将一些最好的想法转移到您的钱包卡上(练习 COPEII),这将成为您需要时随时查阅的应对策略快速参考。

A Few Words About Quit Smoking Aids
戒烟辅助工具简介

You may be aware that several products are available to help you during the quit process. They are described below. It is your choice as to whether or not you wish to use these products. As you make your decision, consider these points:
您可能已经意识到有几种产品可帮助您戒烟过程。它们如下所述。您可以选择是否希望使用这些产品。在做出决定时,请考虑以下几点:
  • The manufacturers of these products claim that they will double your chances of quitting. However, independent research on the effectiveness of these products doesn't show an advantage to using them.
    这些产品的制造商声称它们将使您戒烟的机会翻倍。然而,对这些产品有效性的独立研究并未显示出使用它们的优势。
  • As with all medications, there are side effects associated with these substances. They range from mild irritation of the skin with the patch to an increased risk for suicide with the drug Zyban.
    与所有药物一样,这些物质也会有副作用。从贴片引起皮肤轻微刺激到使用 Zyban 药物增加自杀风险。
  • With the gum and the patch, your brain will still be getting nicotine (but you won't get the thousands of other chemicals from the cigarette). This means that you are still getting the substance you are addicted to. (We feel that this is similar to giving a person struggling with alcoholism alcohol to break an addiction to alcohol.)
    有口香糖和贴片,你的大脑仍会接收尼古丁(但你不会摄入香烟中的成千上万其他化学物质)。这意味着你仍在摄入你上瘾的物质。(我们认为这就像给一个与酒精成瘾斗争的人酒精来戒断对酒精的依赖。)
  • These products may give you a false sense of security. If you think the product is doing all the work, you might not build the coping strategies or the right attitude that are necessary to effectively quit. If you decide to use any of these products you must still do all the work that is outlined in this booklet (or any other form of counselling). Counselling alone is more effective than using these aids alone. Counselling combined with quit smoking aids has been found to be no more effective than counselling alone.
    这些产品可能会让您产生一种虚假的安全感。如果您认为产品正在承担所有工作,您可能不会建立必要的应对策略或正确的态度,以有效地戒烟。如果您决定使用这些产品中的任何一个,您仍然必须完成本手册中概述的所有工作(或任何其他形式的咨询)。仅仅接受咨询比仅仅使用这些辅助工具更有效。咨询结合戒烟辅助工具被发现与仅仅接受咨询相比并没有更有效。
  • None of these products is meant to be taken over a long period of time. You will eventually have to stop using them, and you may feel the negative emotions of quitting all over again when you stop with the aids.
    这些产品都不是用来长期服用的。最终你会不得不停止使用它们,当你停止使用这些辅助工具时,你可能会再次感受到戒断的负面情绪。
  • The vast majority of those who have effectively quit smoking have done so without the help of any of these products.
    那些成功戒烟的绝大多数人都是在没有任何这些产品的帮助下做到的。
There are 2 main types of products available (and others are being developed):
有 2 种主要类型的产品可用(其他产品正在开发中):
Nicotine replacement: Nicotine replacement comes in the form of gum, patch, inhaler, lozenge, etc. that contain nicotine. Nicotine gets absorbed through the skin or tissues in the mouth and travels in the blood until it reaches the brain. Because these products give the brain nicotine, they work by temporarily relieving the desire for nicotine, just as smoking a cigarette would do, but without all the harmful chemicals. They are available without a doctor's prescription with guidance from your pharmacist.
尼古丁替代品:尼古丁替代品以口香糖、贴片、吸入器、含尼古丁的片剂等形式出现。尼古丁通过皮肤或口腔组织被吸收,随后在血液中传播至大脑。由于这些产品向大脑提供尼古丁,它们通过暂时缓解对尼古丁的渴望起作用,就像吸烟一样,但没有所有有害化学物质。在药剂师的指导下,这些产品可以在没有医生处方的情况下购买。
NOTE: E-cigarettes are becoming more widely-available. They are often promoted as a way to become smoke-free. However, the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and many other reliable, respected bodies identify many potential risks and harms associated with e-cigarettes, and do not recommend them as part of an effective smoking cessation strategy.
注意:电子烟越来越普遍。它们经常被宣传为戒烟的一种方式。然而,疾病控制中心、世界卫生组织和许多其他可靠、受尊敬的机构确定了与电子烟相关的许多潜在风险和危害,并不建议将其作为有效的戒烟策略的一部分。
Zyban (bupropion) and Champix: These are medications that must be prescribed by a physician They work on the level of brain chemicals. They do not contain nicotine.
Zyban(氯胺酮)和 Champix:这些是必须由医生开处方的药物。它们作用于大脑化学物质的水平。它们不含尼古丁。

COPE2: Overcoming the Barriers to Becoming Smoke-free, Part 1: My Reasons to Quit, My Reasons to Continue
COPE2:克服成为无烟者的障碍,第 1 部分:我戒烟的原因,我继续的原因

Indicate in the boxes below as many reasons as you can think of to quit using tobacco and as many reasons as you can think of to continue using tobacco. Take a few days to think about this and add more reasons to the list as they emerge. Once complete, review your reasons to quit and highlight the five most important ones. Then transfer these five reasons
在下面的方框中列出您可以想到的尽可能多的戒烟原因,以及您可以想到的尽可能多的继续吸烟原因。花几天时间考虑这个问题,并在新原因出现时将其添加到列表中。完成后,审查您戒烟的原因,并突出其中最重要的五个原因。然后将这五个原因转移。
to your wallet card (COPE11) in the center page of this booklet.
将您的钱包卡(COPE11)放在本手册的中心页。
Hint: Consult the list of benefits of quitting (exercise ATT1) to discover even more reasons to quit.
提示:查阅戒烟好处清单(参见 ATT1)以发现更多戒烟理由。

My Reasons to Quit Using Tobacco
我戒烟的原因

5 .
8 .
9 .
My Reasons to Continue Using Tobacco
继续使用烟草的原因

COPE3: My Strengths COPE3:我的优势

Everyone has strengths. These are the skills, talents, knowledge and personal traits that help a person better achieve life goals. Achieving smoke-free living is a life goal (and an extremely important one!!). Therefore, a person can use their strengths to achieve the goal of eliminating tobacco from their life. When asked what strengths they have, many people can't easily identify them, or may even be unaware of them. The purpose of this exercise is to help you identify the strengths that you have and how you can use them to quit smoking. If you have difficulty identifying your strengths, refer to the list at the bottom of the page. When you have completed the exercise, highlight the best (maybe 3-7) strategies you feel that you can use to stop using tobacco and transfer them to "My List of Coping Strategies" (exercise COPE10). We have provided one example to get you started.
每个人都有自己的优势。这些是技能、才能、知识和个人特质,帮助一个人更好地实现生活目标。实现无烟生活是一个生活目标(而且是一个非常重要的目标!!)。因此,一个人可以利用自己的优势来实现消除烟草的目标。当被问及他们有什么优势时,许多人不能轻易地识别出来,甚至可能对它们一无所知。这个练习的目的是帮助您识别自己的优势以及如何利用它们来戒烟。如果您难以识别自己的优势,请参考页面底部的列表。完成练习后,突出您认为可以用来戒烟的最佳(也许是 3-7 个)策略,并将它们转移到“我的应对策略清单”(练习 COPE10)。我们提供了一个示例来帮助您入手。

Example. One of my strengths is: 1 am creative
例子。我的一个优点是:我很有创造力

How I can use this strength to stop using tobacco: I can use my creativity to discover creative ways to cope with the negative emotions that can come along with quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I can do something creative like drawing, painting, or oreative writing.
我如何能利用这种力量来戒烟:我可以利用我的创造力发现应对戒烟时可能出现的负面情绪的创造性方法。我可以做一些创造性的事情,比如画画、绘画或创意写作,而不是吸烟。
  1. One of my strengths is:
    我的优势之一是:
How I can use this strength to stop using tobacco:
我如何能利用这种力量来戒烟:
  1. One of my strengths is:
    我的优势之一是:
How I can use this strength to stop using tobacco:
我如何能利用这种力量来戒烟:

3. One of my strengths is:
3. 我的一个优点是:

How I can use this strength to stop using tobacco:
我如何能利用这种力量来戒烟:

4. One of my strengths is:
4. 我的一个优点是:

How I can use this strength to stop using tobacco:
我如何可以利用这种力量来戒烟:
  1. One of my strengths is:
    我的优势之一是:
How I can use this strength to stop using tobacco:
我如何可以利用这种力量来戒烟:

6. One of my strengths is:
6. 我的一个优点是:

How I can use this strength to stop using tobacco:
我如何可以利用这种力量来戒烟:
  1. One of my strengths is:
    我的优势之一是:
How I can use this strength to stop using tobacco:
我如何可以利用这种力量来戒烟:
  1. One of my strengths is:
    我的优势之一是:
How I can use this strength to stop using tobacco:
我如何可以利用这种力量来戒烟:

9. One of my strengths is:
9. 我的一个优势是:

How I can use this strength to stop using tobacco:
我如何可以利用这种力量来戒烟:

10. One of my strengths is:
10. 我的一个优点是:

How I can use this strength to stop using tobacco:
我如何可以利用这种力量来戒烟:

Some Strengths 一些优势

Adaptable 适应性 Cooperative 合作 Eager 渴望 Innovative 创新 Patient 患者 Rational 理性 Self-directed 自我导向
Adventurous 冒险的 Courageous 勇敢 Energetic 充满活力 Intelligent 智能 People person 人际关系达人 Realistic 现实的 Sensible 明智
Ambitious 雄心勃勃 Creative 创意 Farsighted 有远见 Inventive 创新 Perseverance 毅力 Reflective 反射性 Spiritual 精神
Analytical 分析的 Critical thinker 批判性思维者 Flexible 灵活 Logical 逻辑 Planner 规划师 Reliable 可靠 Strong-minded 坚定的
Assertive 自信的 Curious 好奇 Generous 慷慨 Mature 成熟 Practical 实用 Resilient 弹性 Task-oriented 任务导向
Capable 有能力 Daring 大胆 Hard working 努力工作 Methodical 系统的 Precise 精确 Resourceful 足智多谋 Thoughtful 周到
Communicator 传达者 Dedicated 专用 Healthy 健康 Negotiator 谈判者 Problem solver 问题解决者 Responsible 负责任 Trustworthy 可靠
Compassionate 富有同情心 Deliberate 故意 Idealistic 理想主义 Optimistic 乐观 Progressive 渐进 Results-oriented 以结果为导向 Versatile 多才多艺
Confident 自信 Dependable 可靠 Imaginative 富有想象力 Organized 组织化 Project-oriented 项目导向 Self-aware 自我意识 Wise 聪明
Conscientious 认真的 Determined 决定的 Independent 独立 Passionate 充满激情 Purposeful 有目的性 Self-controlled 自控

COPE4: What Makes Me Happy
COPE4:什么让我快乐

This activity is intended to help you identify things that make you happy. If the time comes in the quitting process where you feel sad and think of turning to tobacco, you can turn to some of the things that make you happy and give you joy instead. The urge to smoke is temporary. It will go away. Remind yourself that the feeling will go away and just do something else for that short period of time. Below, list 11 things that make you "happy", make you smile, and give you joy. Along with each one, identify ways you can adapt these things as a coping strategy. When you have finished, select a few of the ideas (3-7) you have listed and transfer them to "My List of Coping Strategies" (exercise COPE10). We have provided an example to get you started.
这项活动旨在帮助您识别让您快乐的事物。如果在戒烟过程中出现感到悲伤并想要转向吸烟的时候,您可以转向一些让您快乐并给您快乐的事物。吸烟的冲动是暂时的。它会消失。提醒自己这种感觉会消失,只需在那段短暂的时间内做其他事情。下面,列出使您“快乐”的 11 件事,让您微笑并给您快乐。对于每一件事,确定您可以将这些事物作为应对策略。完成后,选择您列出的一些想法(3-7 个),并将它们转移到“我的应对策略清单”(练习 COPE10)。我们提供了一个示例以帮助您入手。

Example: What makes me happy is: connecting with friends
例子:让我开心的是:与朋友建立联系

How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will: call a friend, -mail a friend, write a letter to a friend, visit a friend, invite a friend over, think about all the smoke-free activities I can do with my friends, think about how proud my friends will be of me
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟时的负面情绪。我将:打电话给朋友,给朋友发电子邮件,给朋友写信,拜访朋友,邀请朋友过来,想想我可以和朋友一起做的所有无烟活动,想想我的朋友会为我感到多么骄傲
  1. What makes me happy is:
    什么让我快乐是:
How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will:
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪。我将不再吸烟,而是:
  1. What makes me happy is:
    什么让我快乐是:
How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will:
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪。我将不再吸烟,而是:
  1. What makes me happy is:
    什么让我快乐是:
How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will:
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪。我将不再吸烟,而是:

4. What makes me happy is:
4. 使我快乐的是:

How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will:
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪。我将不再吸烟,而是:

5. What makes me happy is:
5. 使我快乐的是:

How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will:
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪。我将不再吸烟,而是:

6. What makes me happy is:
6. 使我快乐的是:

How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will:
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪。我将不再吸烟,而是:

7. What makes me happy is:
7. 使我快乐的是:

How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will:
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪。我将不再吸烟,而是:

8. What makes me happy is:
8. 使我快乐的是:

How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will:
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪。我将不再吸烟,而是:

9. What makes me happy is:
9. 使我快乐的是:

How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will:
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪。我将不再吸烟,而是:

10. What makes me happy is:
10. 使我快乐的是:

How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will:
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪。我将不再吸烟,而是:

11. What makes me happy is:
11. 使我快乐的是:

How I can use this to manage negative emotions from quitting smoking. Instead of smoking I will:
我如何可以利用这个来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪。我将不再吸烟,而是:

COPE5: Planning for Challenging Times
COPE5:应对挑战时期的规划

Part of the plan to successfully becoming smoke-free is to foresee any situation that may be challenging and to plan for what you will do in that situation rather than smoke. Look at your cigarette-monitoring sheets (exercise COPEI) and identify which of the cigarettes you rated as most needed (an 8, 9 or 10). Look for any patterns. Perhaps it is the time of day, your mood, the person you are with, a situation or an event. Identify why the need of this cigarette is rated so high. Use the exercise below to help you plan what you will do in those times instead of smoke. When you have finished, select a few of the ideas (3-7) you have listed and transfer them to "My List of Coping Strategies" (exercise
成功戒烟计划的一部分是预见可能具有挑战性的情况,并计划在那种情况下该怎么做,而不是吸烟。查看您的香烟监控表(练习 COPEI),确定您评分最高的香烟是哪些(8、9 或 10)。寻找任何模式。也许是一天中的时间、您的心情、您在一起的人、一种情况或一个事件。确定为什么这支香烟的需求评分如此之高。使用下面的练习帮助您计划在那些时刻该怎么做,而不是吸烟。完成后,选择您列出的一些想法(3-7)并将它们转移到“我的应对策略清单”(练习)。
COPE10). We have provided an example to get you started.
COPE10)。我们提供了一个示例让您开始。
Example: Time, mood, situation or event: 8:30 in the morning
例子:时间,心情,情况或事件:早上 8:30
Why is the need of this cigarette rated so high? I always have my first cigarette soon after I wake up in the morning. It's a habit to smoke at this time. Also, the nicotine level in my blood and brain are very low after not smoking overnight so my brain is craving nicotine pretty bad.
为什么对这支香烟的需求如此之高?我总是在早上醒来后很快就抽第一支香烟。这是一个在这个时间抽烟的习惯。此外,因为整夜没有吸烟,我的血液和大脑中的尼古丁水平非常低,所以我的大脑非常渴望尼古丁。
Instead of smoking in this situation I will: change my routine. I will get up, brush my teeth to have a fresh feeling in my mouth and then get in the shower. instead of spending 10 minutes smoking, I will use the time to put a healthy lunch together for school (work). On weekends I will go on a short walk first thing in the morning rather than smoke.
在这种情况下,我会改变我的日常。我会起床,刷牙让口腔有清新的感觉,然后洗澡。我不会花 10 分钟抽烟,而是利用这段时间为学校(工作)准备健康的午餐。周末早晨我会先去散步,而不是抽烟。
  1. Time, mood, situation or event:
    时间,心情,情况或事件:
Why is the need of this cigarette rated so high?
为什么这支香烟的需求如此之高?
Instead of smoking in this situation I will:
在这种情况下,我会选择不吸烟:
  1. Time, mood, situation or event:
    时间,心情,情况或事件:
Why is the need of this cigarette rated so high?
为什么这支香烟的需求如此之高?
Instead of smoking in this situation I will:
在这种情况下,我会选择不吸烟:
  1. Time, mood, situation or event:
    时间,心情,情况或事件:
Why is the need of this cigarette rated so high?
为什么这支香烟的需求如此之高?
Instead of smoking in this situation I will:
在这种情况下,我会选择不吸烟:
  1. Time, mood, situation or event:
    时间,心情,情况或事件:
Why is the need of this cigarette rated so high?
为什么这支香烟的需求如此之高?
Instead of smoking in this situation I will:
在这种情况下,我会选择不吸烟:
  1. Time, mood, situation or event:
    时间,心情,情况或事件:
Why is the need of this cigarette rated so high?
为什么这支香烟的需求如此之高?
Instead of smoking in this situation I will:
在这种情况下,我会选择不吸烟:

COPE6: Overcoming the Barriers to Becoming Smoke-free,
Part 2
COPE6:克服成为无烟者的障碍,第 2 部分

Although there are numerous reasons to quit smoking, a person continues to smoke because the reasons to continue outweigh the reasons to quit. In the left column below, individually list your reasons to continue using tobacco (also known as barriers to becoming smoke-free) from Part 1 of this exercise (COPE2). In the right column next to each reason, brainstorm as many ways as possible to overcome the barrier. When you have finished, select a few of the coping strategies (perhaps 3-7) you have listed and transfer them to "My List of Coping Strategies" (exercise COPE10). We have provided an example to get you started. If you have listed more than 6 reasons in Part 1, use another sheet to complete this exercise.
尽管有许多戒烟的理由,但一个人继续吸烟是因为继续吸烟的理由超过了戒烟的理由。在下面的左列中,分别列出您继续使用烟草的理由(也称为成为无烟者的障碍),这些理由来自本练习的第一部分(COPE2)。在每个理由旁边的右列中,尽可能多地想出克服障碍的方法。完成后,选择您列出的几种应对策略(可能是 3-7 种),并将它们转移到“我的应对策略列表”(练习 COPE10)。我们提供了一个示例来帮助您入手。如果您在第 1 部分列出了超过 6 个理由,请使用另一张纸完成此练习。

继续使用烟草的原因
My Reason to Continue
Using Tobacco

克服成为无烟者的障碍的一些方法
Some Ways to Overcome This Barrier to Becoming
Smoke-free

例子:它帮助我管理压力
Example:
it helps me
manage stress
1 :
2 : 3:
3:
4:
5:

COPE7: What To Do With Extra Money and Extra Time
COPE7:如何处理多余的钱和多余的时间

Another way in which you can discover coping strategies to deal with negative emotions from quitting is to identify what you can do with the money and time that you will be saving. Refer to exercise ATT2 where you calculated how much money and time you spend because of smoking. Place these amounts below. Then, think about what you could do with all that extra money and time. When you have finished, select the ones you are most excited about (perhaps 3-7) that you feel can help in times when you experience the urge to smoke and transfer them to "My List of Coping Strategies (exercise COPE10). Just reminding yourself of these wonderful things can be a great strategy to keep you smoke-free!
另一种发现应对戒烟带来的负面情绪的应对策略的方法是确定你可以用省下来的钱和时间做什么。参考练习 ATT2,计算因吸烟而花费的金钱和时间。将这些金额填写在下面。然后,想想你可以用所有这些额外的钱和时间做什么。完成后,选择你最感兴奋的事情(也许是 3-7 个),你觉得在你有吸烟冲动时可以帮助的事情,并将它们转移到“我的应对策略清单(练习 COPE10)”。提醒自己这些美好的事情就可以成为一个很好的策略,让你远离吸烟!

What else could I do with
我还能用 做什么?

each year
List below 10 things you could do with this amount of money each year
以下是您每年可以用这笔钱做的 10 件事情清单:

(line B from exercise ATT2 "How much time I spend smoking each year")
(来自 ATT2 练习的 B 行“我每年抽烟花费多少时间”)

List below 10 things you could do with this extra time
以下是您可以利用这段额外时间做的 10 件事情:

COPE8: Identify Rewards COPE8:确定奖励

Quitting smoking can be difficult, and one of the things that can help with achieving difficult goals is to reward yourself for the progress you have made. Although being smoke-free is the greatest reward of all, there are many other ways to reward yourself. In the spaces below identify some ways to reward yourself for remaining smoke-free. A reward should be something that you enjoy and that is beneficial. Use your "What Makes Me Happy Worksheet" (COPE4) to inspire ideas for rewards.
戒烟可能很困难,而在实现困难目标时有助于的一件事情是奖励自己取得的进展。虽然不再吸烟本身就是最大的奖励,但还有许多其他奖励方式。在下面的空格中,列出一些奖励自己保持不吸烟的方式。奖励应该是你喜欢的并且有益的东西。使用你的“让我快乐的工作表”(COPE4)来激发奖励的想法。
When you have a craving for a cigarette, and the thought come up: "Have just one; you deserve it!", implement one of these real rewards instead!
当你渴望吸烟时,脑海中浮现出这样的想法:“只吸一支吧;你应该得到它!”,那么请选择以下其中一种真正的奖励!
One of your coping strategies could be to remind yourself of the rewards that are awaiting you for remaining smokefree. When you have finished, review your list of rewards and identify how they could be used as coping strategies. Again, a simple reminder of the wonderful rewards that will be yours as you continue to be smoke-free can be a powerful way to cope with the (temporary) negative feelings that can come on when you quit smoking. Transfer the most practical coping strategies from this exercise to "My List of Coping Strategies" (exercise COPE10). We have given you an example to get you started.
你的应对策略之一可能是提醒自己,留在戒烟状态下等待你的奖励。完成后,请回顾你的奖励清单,并确定它们如何作为应对策略使用。再次简单地提醒自己,继续保持戒烟将获得美好奖励,这是应对戒烟时可能出现的(暂时的)负面情绪的有效方式。将这项练习中最实用的应对策略转移到“我的应对策略清单”(练习 COPE10)。我们已经给出一个示例,以帮助你开始。

My List of Rewards
我的奖励清单

Example: I will use the money I would have spent today on tobacco to buy a new plant for the apartment.
示例:我将用今天本来要花在烟草上的钱来买一盆新植物放在公寓里。

COPE9: Symptoms of Recovery and How to Manage Them
COPE9:康复症状及如何管理它们

Withdrawal from nicotine is comprised of two parts: the physical and the psychological. The physical symptoms (related to the body no longer getting nicotine or the numerous other substances found in tobacco smoke), although annoying, are not life threatening. They are temporary: they will go away. These symptoms are a sign that your body is healing. Try to put a positive spin on them. They are your body's way of telling you how much it has changed as a result of smoking. The psychological part of quitting-which includes feelings of irritability, anxiety or nervousness-is often the greater challenge. The coping exercises in this booklet are intended to help you identify ways to cope with the psychological aspect of quitting.
尼古丁戒断包括两个部分:身体和心理。身体症状(与身体不再摄入尼古丁或烟草烟雾中的其他物质有关),虽然令人讨厌,但并不危及生命。它们是暂时的:它们会消失。这些症状表明您的身体正在康复。试着积极看待它们。这是您的身体在告诉您,由于吸烟而发生了多大变化。戒烟的心理部分,包括感到烦躁、焦虑或紧张,通常是更大的挑战。本手册中的应对练习旨在帮助您找到应对戒烟心理方面的方法。
Most people who quit smoking have some withdrawal symptoms. Use the information below to help you identify the withdrawal symptoms you may be experiencing. This information also includes an explanation for the symptoms as well as ways to cope with them. Check the box next to any strategy you may find helpful. Review the strategies you have checked and transfer the ones you think may be most useful to "My List of Coping Strategies" (exercise COPE10).
大多数戒烟的人都会出现一些戒断症状。使用下面的信息帮助您识别可能正在经历的戒断症状。这些信息还包括症状的解释以及应对方法。在您可能发现有帮助的策略旁边打勾。回顾您已经勾选的策略,并将您认为最有用的策略转移到“我的应对策略清单”(练习 COPE10)中。

Feeling nervous, irritable, or even depressed
感到紧张、易怒,甚至沮丧

Why this happens: The nicotine receptors in your brain are desperate to get nicotine. This desire for nicotine creates negative feelings, which are relieved temporarily by getting nicotine to the brain by smoking. However, there are many ways to deal with negative feelings that do not include nicotine. Another reason for experiencing irritability is that you may be grieving the loss of something that has been part of your life for a long time.
为什么会发生这种情况:你大脑中的尼古丁受体渴望获得尼古丁。这种对尼古丁的渴望会产生负面情绪,通过吸烟将尼古丁输送到大脑中会暂时缓解这种情绪。然而,有许多处理负面情绪的方法并不包括尼古丁。另一个导致易怒的原因是你可能正在悲伤某种长期存在于你生活中的东西的失去。
What you can do:
你可以做什么:
Examine your emotions and identify where they are coming from. Remember that it is those naggy nicotine receptors that are making you feel this way.
检查你的情绪,确定它们来自哪里。记住,正是那些让你感觉这样的烦人尼古丁受体。
THESE FEELINGS WILL PASS. Remind yourself that negative feelings from stopping smoking are temporary and will go away.
这些感受会过去。提醒自己戒烟后的负面情绪是暂时的,会消失的。
Inform your family and friends that this may be a tough time for you and remind them that these symptoms, although frustrating, are temporary, and are a result of you doing something to benefit your health and your life.
告诉家人和朋友,这可能是一个艰难的时期,提醒他们,这些症状虽然令人沮丧,但是是暂时的,是因为你在为自己的健康和生活做出努力的结果。
Avoid stressful situations or those that you feel may frustrate you.
避免压力大的情况或让你感到沮丧的情况。
Practice relaxation exercises such as deep breathing, visualization, or meditation.
练习放松的练习,如深呼吸、想象或冥想。
Physical activity often reduces the negative feelings because it stimulates the release of endorphins, which are "feel good" hormones. Go for a walk or a run, do some yoga, go to the gym etc.
体育活动通常会减少负面情绪,因为它会刺激内啡肽的释放,内啡肽是“感觉良好”的激素。去散步或跑步,做瑜伽,去健身房等。
Remind yourself over and over again that the progress you have made so far is something to be tremendously proud of. Starting to smoke again often increases the depressing feelings from the guilt of having returned to smoking.
一遍又一遍地提醒自己,迄今为止所取得的进步是令人骄傲的。重新开始吸烟往往会加重由于重新吸烟而产生的内疚感带来的沮丧情绪。
Reduce or eliminate caffeine and other stimulants.
减少或消除咖啡因和其他兴奋剂。
Remind yourself that this is, BY FAR, the most important thing you can do to improve your health and your life.
提醒自己,这绝对是你可以做的最重要的事情,以改善你的健康和生活。

Craving for tobacco 渴望烟草

Why this happens: Tobacco has become such as part of your daily life that when you eliminate it your body will still desire it. Besides being a habit, your brain is addicted to nicotine and will do anything to get it. Anytime a situation arises where you used to smoke (called a trigger) you will likely think of smoking.
为什么会发生这种情况:烟草已经成为你日常生活的一部分,当你戒掉它时,你的身体仍然会渴望它。除了成为一种习惯外,你的大脑对尼古丁上瘾,会不惜一切手段来获取它。每当出现你过去会吸烟的情况(称为触发器),你很可能会想到吸烟。
What you can do:
你可以做什么:
Cravings for cigarettes are strongest during the first few days of the smoke-free process. These cravings are short-lived. Remember, the urge to smoke will go away whether you smoke or you don't!!
戒烟的头几天是最容易产生吸烟欲望的时候。这些渴望是短暂的。记住,无论你吸烟还是不吸烟,吸烟的冲动都会消失!
Identify your triggers and avoid them if you can, at least in the early days of being smoke-free. Drinking alcohol is a major reason why people return to smoking because alcohol interferes with the ability to stick with decisions. Take a break from alcohol for a short while.
确定您的诱因,并尽量避免它们,至少在戒烟的早期阶段。饮酒是人们重新开始吸烟的主要原因,因为酒精会干扰坚持决定的能力。暂时远离酒精。
Replace tobacco in your routine with something else. A crossword puzzle with a morning coffee or a walk right after dinner are a few examples.
用其他东西替代您的日常中的烟草。早晨喝咖啡时做个填字游戏,或者晚饭后散步是一些例子。
Cravings lessen over time. Most ex-smokers say that they only have an occasional urge to smoke about two to three weeks after they have quit. Remind yourself of that.
渴望会随着时间减少。大多数戒烟者表示,他们在戒烟后大约两到三周只偶尔会有吸烟的冲动。提醒自己。
Distract yourself. Taking a walk, talking with friends and loved ones, doing a hobby, reading a book, or exercising are all examples of doing something more constructive with your time.
分散注意力。散步、与朋友和亲人交谈、做爱好、读书或运动都是更有建设性地利用时间的例子。
Do a mental task such as adding numbers, counting objects or remembering as much as you can about a situation in the past (E.g. What did you receive as gifts for your 18th birthday? Where did you celebrate it? Who was there?)
进行一项脑力任务,比如加法运算、计数物体或尽可能多地回忆过去某种情况(例如,你 18 岁生日收到了什么礼物?在哪里庆祝?谁在场?)
Try deep breathing.
尝试深呼吸。

Coughing 咳嗽

Why this happens: As the lungs heal, the cilia (tiny hair-like structures that move debris out of the lungs) that were damaged when you used to smoke begin to grow again. These remove the debris that has accumulated in your lungs. The lungs also produce more mucus to clean themselves.
为什么会发生这种情况:随着肺部的愈合,曾经因吸烟而受损的纤毛(一种像细毛一样的结构,用于将肺部的碎片排出)开始重新生长。这些纤毛清除了在您的肺部积累的碎片。肺部还会产生更多的粘液来清洁自己。
What you can do:
你可以做什么:
Remember that coughing is just a sign that your body is healing.
记住,咳嗽只是你身体正在愈合的一个迹象。
Keep reminding yourself that your body needs to get rid of all the tar in your lungs. It has to come out somehow!
不断提醒自己,你的身体需要清除肺部的所有焦油。它必须以某种方式排出来!
Drink lots of water, which is needed for the production of mucus.
喝很多水,这对黏液的产生是必要的。
Suck on sugarless hard candy.
吸吮无糖硬糖。
  1. Sit or lie comfortably.
    舒适地坐下或躺下。
  2. Put one hand on your chest and the other on your belly button.
    把一只手放在胸口,另一只手放在肚脐上。
  3. Exhale completely through the mouth.
    彻底地通过嘴巴呼气。
  4. Close your mouth lightly. Inhale through your nose quietly, counting to 4 . Make sure that the hand on your belly button is the one that moves out. This will ensure that you are breathing from the abdomen.
    轻轻闭上嘴巴。通过鼻子悄悄吸气,数到 4。确保肚脐上的手是移动的那只。这样可以确保你是从腹部呼吸的。
  5. Hold your breath for a count of 7 .
    屏住呼吸,数到 7。
  6. Exhale through your mouth for a count of 8. Again, make sure that the hand on the belly button is the one moving.
    通过嘴巴呼气,数到 8。再次确保肚脐上的手在移动。
  7. Repeat steps 3 through 5 three more times, for a total of 4 cycles. Breathe normally and observe how your body feels.
    重复第 3 步到第 5 步三次,总共 4 个周期。正常呼吸,观察身体感觉。
As with all the symptoms of recovery, remember that THIS TOO WILL PASS!
与康复的所有症状一样,请记住,这也会过去!

Feeling Tired 感觉疲倦

Why this happens: Nicotine is a stimulant, which means that it speeds up some of the body's processes. Feeling tired is the body's reaction to not having the nicotine. Energy levels will increase as the body gets more used to smoke-free living.
为什么会发生这种情况:尼古丁是一种兴奋剂,这意味着它会加快身体的某些过程。感到疲倦是身体对没有尼古丁的反应。随着身体越来越适应无烟生活,能量水平会提高。

What you can do:
你可以做什么:

Fatigue typically happens in the afternoon. Try to plan activities that help keep energy levels running high, like a mid-afternoon walk.
疲劳通常发生在下午。尝试安排一些有助于保持能量水平高涨的活动,比如下午散步。
Healthy eating habits, eating at regular intervals, and avoiding foods high in sugar can help reduce the effects of feeling tired.
健康的饮食习惯,定时进食,避免高糖食物可以帮助减轻疲劳感的影响。
Regular physical activity can increase energy levels and decrease the experience of being tired. Be physically active.
定期的体育活动可以增加能量水平并减少疲劳感。保持身体活跃。

Feeling hungry/gaining weight
感到饥饿/增重

Why this happens: As your sense of smell increases, food smells and tastes better. Also, the grumbling in your stomach indicating that your digestive tract is returning to normal may be perceived as hunger. Thirst and the craving for nicotine may also be perceived as hunger. Your metabolism, which was slightly boosted by nicotine, returns to normal so you need less calories. If you continue to eat the same amount of calories you may gain weight.
为什么会发生这种情况:随着您的嗅觉增强,食物的气味和味道变得更好。此外,您胃里的咕噜声表明您的消化道正在恢复正常,可能被视为饥饿。口渴和对尼古丁的渴望也可能被视为饥饿。尼古丁稍微提高了您的新陈代谢,现在恢复正常,所以您需要的热量更少。如果您继续摄入相同数量的热量,可能会增加体重。

What you can do:
你可以做什么:

Use the coping strategies you have learned while becoming smoke-free to manage the urge to eat. (E.g. Distract yourself rather than eat or remind yourself of the benefits of being at a healthy weight). This includes adopting a positive attitude to eating a healthy diet.
使用您在戒烟过程中学到的应对策略来控制进食的冲动。(例如,转移注意力而不是进食,或者提醒自己保持健康体重的好处)。这包括对健康饮食采取积极的态度。
Follow the Canada Food Guide to Healthy Eating. Eat a diet that contains a lot of plants (fruits, vegetables, grains, cereals, beans, nuts and seeds) and a moderate amount of dairy (and alternatives) and meat (and alternatives)
遵循加拿大食物指南,健康饮食。饮食应包含大量植物(水果、蔬菜、谷物、谷类、豆类、坚果和种子)以及适量的乳制品(及替代品)和肉类(及替代品)。
Enjoy regular physical activity. Be physically active for 30 minutes, 5 or 6 days a week.
享受定期的体育活动。每周 5 或 6 天,每天进行 30 分钟的体育活动。
Avoid high-fat or high-sugar snack foods as well as processed foods.
避免高脂肪或高糖零食,以及加工食品。
Sometimes a person replaces one emotional crutch (smoking) with another (eating). Be aware if this is happening to you.
有时候一个人会用另一种情感支柱(吸烟)来取代另一种(吃东西)。如果这种情况发生在你身上,请注意。

Constipation 便秘

Why this happens: Bowel movements also return to normal after you quit smoking.
为什么会发生这种情况:停止吸烟后,排便也会恢复正常。
What you can do:
你可以做什么:
Drink lots of water
多喝水
A diet high in fibre-found in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans-can help.
富含纤维的饮食-如水果、蔬菜、全谷物和豆类-可以帮助。
Enjoy regular physical activity.
享受定期的体育锻炼。

Headache, dizziness, light-headedness
头痛,头晕,眩晕

Why this happens: The carbon monoxide in tobacco smoke "knocks" oxygen out of your red blood cells, and less oxygen gets to your tissues. When you stop smoking, more oxygen gets to your brain and this can make you feel dizzy and light-headed or even give you a headache.
为什么会发生这种情况:烟草烟雾中的一氧化碳会“挤占”你的红细胞中的氧气,导致更少的氧气到达你的组织。当你戒烟时,更多的氧气会到达你的大脑,这可能会让你感到头晕和头重脚轻,甚至会让你头痛。
What you can do:
你可以做什么:
If you experience dizziness, sit down for a few minutes until it passes.
如果您感到头晕,请坐下几分钟,直到症状消失。
Take it easy for a while and don't overexert yourself.
放松一下,不要过度劳累。
Drinking lots of water may help ease your discomfort.
喝很多水可能有助于缓解您的不适。
This symptom should only last a few days, at most. If these symptoms persist, check with your doctor.
这种症状应该只会持续几天,最多。如果这些症状持续存在,请咨询您的医生。

Itching 瘙痒

Why this happens: Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, which means it narrows the blood vessels. When you quit smoking, blood goes back to the vessels that were shrunk by nicotine, and this can create a feeling of itchiness. You may have weird itchy patches or generally feel itchy all over.
为什么会发生这种情况:尼古丁是一种血管收缩剂,这意味着它会收缩血管。当你戒烟时,血液会回流到被尼古丁收缩的血管中,这可能会导致瘙痒感。你可能会出现奇怪的瘙痒斑块,或者整体感觉全身发痒。

What you can do:
你可以做什么:

Buy yourself a back-scratcher and go with the flow, so to speak!
购买一个可以自己挠背的工具,顺其自然,就这么说吧!
If that doesn't help, a cool ice pack (those nice soft gel packs that you can keep in the fridge or freezer) or a cold, wet face cloth can also help take the itch away.
如果这样做没有帮助,一个凉爽的冰袋(那些柔软的凝胶包,可以放在冰箱或冷冻库中)或者一个冷湿的毛巾也可以帮助缓解瘙痒感。

Insomnia 失眠

Why this happens: Nicotine can affect how deeply you sleep. Once you stop smoking, your body no longer has its "fix" of nicotine. This symptom should go away within a few days. Note: Dreaming about smoking is a very common occurrence.
为什么会发生这种情况:尼古丁会影响你的睡眠深度。一旦你戒烟,你的身体就不再有尼古丁的“补充”。这种症状应该会在几天内消失。注意:梦到吸烟是非常常见的现象。
What you can do:
你可以做什么:
There are a number of things you can do to manage insomnia. Consult reliable information on sleep on the Internet (e.g., sleep information from Health Services), a book or a health professional.
有很多方法可以帮助管理失眠。在互联网上查阅可靠的睡眠信息(例如,来自卫生服务的睡眠信息),或者阅读一本书,咨询健康专业人士。
Remind yourself that this is temporary and it is not worth smoking to relieve.
提醒自己,这只是暂时的,吸烟并不值得缓解。

Concentration Problems 注意力问题

Why this happens: One of the effects of nicotine is to increase alertness and help with concentration. Most ex-smokers say that their concentration returns to normal within one or two weeks after stopping smoking.
为什么会发生这种情况:尼古丁的一个作用是增加警觉性并帮助集中注意力。大多数戒烟者表示,停止吸烟后一两周内,他们的注意力恢复正常。

What you can do:
你可以做什么:

Avoid situations that require a tremendous amount of concentration.
避免需要大量集中注意力的情况。
Use a to-do list to keep track of what needs to be done.
使用待办事项清单来跟踪需要完成的任务。
Carry a small pad and pen with you and write down the things you need to remember.
携带一小本便签和笔,把你需要记住的事情写下来。

Build Coping Strategies 构建应对策略

COPE10: My List of Coping Strategies
COPE10:我的应对策略清单

The exercises that you have completed in the coping section have all had the goal of identifying coping strategies that you can use to manage the (temporary) negative feelings that often occur as a result of nicotine withdrawal from quilting smoking. In the spaces below, you will have transferred the most practical coping strategies from exercises in this booklet. You are not limited to the ones you identified from these exercises. If you have successfully used other coping strategies in the past when you quit, include those as well. Highlight (or circle) 10 strategies that you think will be most useful and transfer them to your wallet card (exercise COPEI1). You are not limited to using only the 10 strategies on your wallet card, so refer to this sheet often. The more strategies you have and use, the better prepared you will be to successfully quit smoking.
您在应对部分完成的练习都旨在确定您可以用来管理(暂时的)尼古丁戒断引起的常见负面情绪的应对策略。在下面的空格中,您将转移这本小册子中练习中最实用的应对策略。您不仅限于从这些练习中确定的策略。如果您以前成功使用其他应对策略来戒烟,请也包括在内。突出(或圈出)您认为最有用的 10 种策略,并将它们转移到您的钱包卡上(练习 COPEI1)。您不仅限于仅使用钱包卡上的 10 种策略,因此经常参考这张表。您拥有并使用的策略越多,您成功戒烟的准备就越充分。

1.
21.
2.
22.
3.
23.
4.
24.
5.
25.
6.
26.
7.
27.
8.
28.
9 .
29.
10.
30.
11.
31.
12.
32.
13.
33.
14.
34.
15.
35.
16.
36.
17.
37.
18.
38.
19.
39.
20.

In Case of a Slip
在发生滑倒的情况下

So you've had a slip. Perhaps it was during an evening out with friends. You may have had a few drinks, saw someone smoking, and "bummed" a cigarette. Maybe you were on a break, and a colleague offered you a cigarette; "Just one, you deserve it!" Perhaps it was after a long day, or after a conflict or argument. Whatever the situation, you gave yourself permission to have one cigarette, or a few. And now you may be feeling bad. Perhaps you are thinking, "I knew I couldn't do it; I should just give up!" This is a critical time in your quit; you can use the slip as an excuse to go back to smoking, OR, you can look at what went wrong and renew your commitment to remaining smoke-free for good.
所以你犯了一个错误。也许是在和朋友一起出去的时候。你可能喝了几杯酒,看到有人在抽烟,然后“借”了一支香烟。也许你在休息时,同事给了你一支香烟;“只有一支,你应该享受!”也许是在漫长的一天之后,或者在发生冲突或争论之后。无论情况如何,你给了自己许可去抽一支烟,或者几支。现在你可能感觉很糟糕。也许你在想,“我知道我做不到;我应该放弃!”这是你戒烟的关键时刻;你可以把错误当作借口重新开始抽烟,或者,你可以看看哪里出了问题,并重新承诺永远不再抽烟。

Before we go on, let's review...
在我们继续之前,让我们回顾一下...

  • It's a fact: you are able to quit smoking. You have done it already!
    这是事实:你能够戒烟。你已经做到了!
  • A slip is not a complete failure; it is a temporary step backward.
    滑倒并不是完全的失败;它只是暂时的后退一步。
  • Millions of people have quit smoking successfully. There are more former smokers in Canada now than current smokers. The fact is, many of these former smokers experienced a "slip" or "relapse" at some point during their quit.
    数百万人成功戒烟。现在加拿大有更多的前吸烟者比现在的吸烟者。事实是,许多这些前吸烟者在戒烟过程中某个时候经历了“失误”或“复吸”。

What to do 做什么

1. Identify the trigger
1. 确定触发器

The first step is to become aware of the situation that triggered the slip. There are a number of high-risk situations where this can happen. These include:
第一步是意识到导致失误的情况。有许多高风险情况可能发生这种情况。这些包括:
  • Positive intrapersonal situations/emotional states (e.g. celebrations, an evening with friends, etc.)
    积极的个人情境/情绪状态(例如庆祝、与朋友共度的晚上等)
  • Negative intrapersonal situations/emotional states (e.g. conflict, stress, anger, boredom, etc.)
    负面的个人情况/情绪状态(例如冲突、压力、愤怒、无聊等)
  • Social pressures (both direct and indirect), including being around other smokers ("Just have one; you deserve it!").
    社会压力(直接和间接的),包括与其他吸烟者在一起(“就抽一根吧;你应该的!”)。
  • Exposure to smoking-related cues (e.g. smelling cigarette smoke, being with a friend you always used to smoke with, seeing someone smoke on TV or in a movie).
    暴露于与吸烟相关的线索(例如闻到香烟味、与曾经一起抽烟的朋友在一起、在电视或电影中看到有人吸烟)。
  • Testing personal control (e.g. standing with former "smoking buddies" on a break to "prove" to yourself that you can resist)
    测试个人控制(例如,与以前的“吸烟伙伴”一起休息,以“证明”自己可以抵制)
  • Alcohol consumption is often accompanied by cues and temptations to smoke, and frequent exposure to these cues can erode the resolve to not smoke. There may also be a decrease in vigilance so that, under the influence of alcohol, the person may be less able to resist the cues and temptation to smoke.
    饮酒往往伴随着吸烟的提示和诱惑,经常接触这些提示可能会削弱不吸烟的决心。在饮酒的影响下,个人的警惕性也可能会降低,以至于他们更难抵抗吸烟的提示和诱惑。

2. Examine the situation
2. 检查情况

Once you have identified what triggered your urge to smoke, you can then examine what happened.
一旦您确定了导致您想抽烟的原因,您就可以检查发生了什么。
  • Was it one of the above circumstances, or a situation you had earlier identified as high-risk (e.g. from exercise COPE5 "Planning for Challenging Times)?
    是否是上述情况之一,或者是您之前确定为高风险的情况(例如,来自 COPE5“规划挑战时期”)?
-Were you: Hungry? Angry? Using Alcohol? Lonely? or Tired?
你是:饥饿吗?愤怒吗?喝酒了吗?孤独吗?还是累了吗?
  • Did you rationalize having a cigarette (e.g. "I deserve it", "One won't hurt", "I was very stressed")?
    你有理性化地吸烟吗(例如“我应得的”,“一个不会伤害”,“我很紧张”)?
  • Did you go into the situation knowing that you were going to smoke?
    你进入这种情况时知道你要抽烟吗?
  • Did you have difficulty managing one or more of the symptoms of recovery (exercise COPE 9)?
    您是否在管理康复症状中遇到困难(运动 COPE 9)?

Honestly ask yourself: Did I use my coping strategies?
老实问问自己:我有使用我的应对策略吗?

  • Did I use the numerous strategies I have developed to manage the negative emotions from quitting (exercise COPE10)?
    我是否使用了我开发的许多策略来管理戒烟带来的负面情绪(运动 COPE10)?
  • Did I use my wallet card (exercise COPE11)?
    我使用了我的钱包卡(运动 COPE11)吗?
  • Have I filled out my wallet card?
    我填写了我的钱包卡吗?
  • Did I have my wallet card with me?
    我有我的钱包卡吗?
  • Did I pull out my wallet card and seriously implement the15 strategies that are listed there for becoming and remaining smoke-free?
    我是否拿出我的钱包卡,并认真执行那里列出的 15 个戒烟策略?
  • Did I remember that my brain is asking for nicotine, which is what is making me uncomfortable.
    我记得我的大脑正在要求尼古丁,这就是让我感到不舒服的原因。
  • Did I just wait, knowing that the craving would pass whether I smoked or not?
    我只是等待,知道无论我是否吸烟,渴望都会过去吗?
  • Did I breathe deeply?
    我有深呼吸吗?
  • Did I do something different (distract myself)?
    我做了什么不同的事情(分散了自己的注意力)?
  • Do I truly believe that quitting smoking is a gift I am giving myself (e.g. review my top five reasons for smoke-free living), or do I see quitting smoking as depriving myself of something that I enjoy?
    我是否真的相信戒烟是我送给自己的礼物(例如,回顾我戒烟生活的前五大理由),还是我认为戒烟是在剥夺我享受的东西?
It is very possible that you have answered "no" to some of the questions above. You worked hard to develop and establish your coping strategies, but they need to be implemented in order to be effective.
很可能您对上述某些问题回答“否”。您努力开发和建立了自己的应对策略,但它们需要被实施才能发挥作用。

3. Review 3. 复习

  • Which of the 3 major areas of this program was the slip related to?
    这个计划的三个主要领域中,滑动与哪个相关?
  • Understanding nicotine addiction: Do you understand that nicotine is the substance that keeps you coming back by making you feel uncomfortable? Do you acknowledge that these bad feelings will go away?
    了解尼古丁成瘾:您了解尼古丁是通过让您感到不舒服而让您不断回来的物质吗?您承认这些不好的感觉会消失吗?
  • Building the right attitude: Do you believe that quitting smoking is a huge gift that you are giving yourself and that the time and energy you put into quitting will translate into huge benefits? Have you completed all the exercises in the "Build the Right Attitude" section?
    建立正确的态度:您是否相信戒烟是您给自己的一份巨大礼物,而您投入戒烟的时间和精力将转化为巨大的好处?您是否已经完成了“建立正确态度”部分中的所有练习?
  • Building coping strategies: Have you built a comprehensive repertoire of coping strategies to deal with the negative feelings of quitting? Have you tried out these strategies and refined them so that they are effective? Have you completed all the exercises in the "Build Coping Strategies" section?
    建立应对策略:您是否建立了一套全面的应对策略来处理戒烟时的负面情绪?您是否尝试过这些策略并加以完善,使其更加有效?您是否完成了“建立应对策略”部分的所有练习?
  • Are there still some myths that you still buy into? Do you still believe, even a little bit, that smoking helps manage stress, or that smoking is cool? Review exercise ATT5: Disputing Myths About Smoking, exercise ATT3: How Using Tobacco Fits With My Values Worksheet, and exercise ATT4: How Using Tobacco Fits With My Goals Worksheet, and review the Benefits of Going Smoke-free sheet again (ATTI) to remind yourself why quitting is so important. It is by far the most important thing you can do to improve your health!
    你是否仍然相信一些谣言?你是否仍然认为吸烟有助于缓解压力,或者吸烟很酷?再次查看“争辩吸烟谣言”练习 ATT5,练习“吸烟如何符合我的价值观工作表”ATT3,练习“吸烟如何符合我的目标工作表”ATT4,以及再次查看戒烟的好处表(ATT1),提醒自己戒烟的重要性。这是改善健康的最重要的事情!
  • Are you unconsciously setting yourself up for a slip? Do you still have have some cigarettes hidden somewhere, "just in case"? Do you "test" your control by putting yourself in situations where you may be tempted? Do not "self-sabotage"—be your biggest supporter and set yourself up for success!
    你是否在潜意识中为自己设下了一个失误的陷阱?你是否仍然在某个地方藏着一些香烟,“以防万一”?你是否通过让自己置身于可能受到诱惑的情况中来“测试”自己的控制力?不要“自我破坏”——要成为自己最大的支持者,为成功做好准备!

4. Plan 4. 计划

  • Develop strategies for the specific situation that led to the slip. These should include behavioural strategies (something you do, such as deep breathe) and cognitive strategies (the way you think, such as reminding yourself that the urge to smoke will go away whether you smoke or you don't). Prepare powerful counterarguments for your rationalizations. The next time you experience the situation, you will be prepared!
    制定针对导致失误的具体情况的策略。这些策略应包括行为策略(您所做的事情,比如深呼吸)和认知策略(您的思考方式,比如提醒自己,吸烟的冲动会消失,无论您吸烟与否)。为您的合理化准备有力的反驳。下次您遇到这种情况时,您将做好准备!
  • Don't allow yourself to get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. Remember, since alcohol is the number one reason why people have a cigarette within the first few weeks of quitting, avoiding alcohol for the first few weeks of your quit is very, very helpful.
    不要让自己变得太饥饿、愤怒、孤独或疲倦。记住,酒精是人们在戒烟的最初几周内吸烟的头号原因,因此在戒烟的最初几周内避免饮酒是非常非常有帮助的。

FINALKY 终于

Don't look at quitting tobacco as giving up
不要把戒烟看作是放弃

something, or as if you are losing something. You are ridding yourself of something that has been stealing your health, your self-esteem, your money, your time, your looks, and years off your life. Instead look at quitting tobacco as giving yourself a very big gift; the gift of health, wellness, control, self-esteem, and life! What could be better than thatI
仿佛你正在失去某些东西。你正在摆脱那些一直在偷走你的健康、自尊、金钱、时间、容貌和生命年华的东西。相反,把戒烟看作是给自己一个非常宝贵的礼物;健康、幸福、控制、自尊和生命的礼物!还有什么比这更好的呢?

My Quit Smoking Countdown Calendar
我的戒烟倒计时日历

Month: 月份:
Sunday 星期天 Monday 星期一 Tuesday 星期二 Wednesday 星期三 Thursday 星期四 Friday 星期五 Saturday 星期六
Month: 月份:
Sunday 星期天 Monday 星期一 Tuesday 星期二 Wednesday 星期三 Thursday 星期四 Friday 星期五 Saturday 星期六

HOW TO USE THIS CALENDAR
如何使用这个日历

If you decide to use the cut down method, you can use this calendar to plan your cutting down. Determine how many cigarettes you typically smoke each day and calculate a cutting down pattern that will leave you only I cigarette to smoke on the day before quit day. We have provided an example for a person who started the quit process on the 5th of the month and typically smokes 15 cigarettes a day.
如果您决定使用逐渐减少的方法,您可以使用这个日历来计划您的减少。确定您每天通常吸烟多少支,然后计算一个减少的模式,使您在戒烟前一天只剩下一支香烟可吸。我们为一个在月份的第 5 天开始戒烟过程且通常每天吸烟 15 支的人提供了一个示例。
1 2 3
4 15 14 6 14 7 13 8 12 9 11 10
11 10 9 13 8 14 8 15 7 16 6 17
5 18 5 4 20 3 21 3 22 2 23 2 24
1 25
 退出日期!
Quit
Day!
27 28 29 30

  1. Nicotine in tobacco smoke gets into your lungs and then your brain, where it stimulates the pleasure/reward center. After you have finished a cigarette, the amount of nicotine in the brain drops and you begin to experience negative emotions. When you get another "hit" of nicotine by having another cigarette, bad feelings disappear (momentarily) as the pleasure/reward center is stimulated again. But nicotine levels drop once more, negative emotions return and the cycle of smoking continues to relieve these emotions.
    烟草烟中的尼古丁进入您的肺部,然后进入您的大脑,在那里刺激快乐/奖励中心。吸完一支香烟后,大脑中的尼古丁含量下降,您开始感受到负面情绪。当您再次吸一口烟获得另一次尼古丁“冲击”时,不良情绪会消失(暂时),因为快乐/奖励中心再次被刺激。但尼古丁水平再次下降,负面情绪回归,吸烟的循环继续缓解这些情绪。