這是用戶在 2024-6-1 17:38 為 https://novellive.net/book/in-this-life-i-will-be-the-lord/chapter-148 保存的雙語快照頁面,由 沉浸式翻譯 提供雙語支持。了解如何保存?

Chapter 148 第 148 章

A few days later.
幾天後。

Migente Ivan entered the office with his father’s medicine.
米漢特伊凡帶著他父親的藥進入辦公室。

"Come here, Migente."
來這裡,Migente。

Lord Ivan, who was sitting in an armchair by the window with a tired face, called Migente.
伊凡勳爵坐在窗邊的扶手椅上,臉上帶著疲憊的表情,叫了米傑特。

"I brought you some medicine, Father."
我給您帶來了一些藥物,父親。

"Well, yes, come here."
"好的,來這裡。"

Migente looked at his father drinking medicine with a tired face.
米亞恩特看著他父親疲憊的臉喝藥。

The long-suffering chronic disease worsened and not long ago Lord Ivan was able to get up after he was bedridden. The family doctor said he shouldn’t overwork himself like this but the Lord didn’t listen.
長期受苦的慢性疾病惡化,不久前伊凡勳爵在臥床多時後終於能夠起床。家庭醫生說他不應該像這樣過度勞累,但勳爵沒有聽從。

Migente, who knows his father’s sincerity that never turns back, decided, instead of stopping Lord Ivan, he shared the work by taking charge of the internal affairs of the territory.
米傑特知道他父親的真誠從不退縮,決定不阻止伊凡領主,而是通過負責領土內部事務來分享工作。

However, that doesn’t mean the worry for his father is gone.
然而,這並不意味著他父親的擔憂消失了。

"You’ll be in big trouble, Father."
"你會有大麻煩的,父親。"

"This is not a problem."
這不是問題。

Lord Ivan said with a mixed face.
伊凡勳爵帶著一副難以捉摸的表情說道。

He hasn’t slept well a night since the landslide.
自從山崩後,他一夜都沒睡好。

When he closed his eyes, the roar on the night of the landslide and the screams of people seemed to come back.
當他閉上眼睛時,山崩夜晚的轟鳴和人們的尖叫似乎又回來了。

"The people of the lands suffer more than I do."
"這片土地的人們比我更受苦。"

It was Lord Ivan who felt more responsible for this than anyone else.
這件事情,伊凡勳爵感到比任何人都更負責。

And because he knew how his father felt, he silently helped his father with his work, but today he was carefully gathering his courage.
因為他知道父親的感受,他默默地幫助父親工作,但今天他正在小心地鼓起勇氣。

"Why don’t you get some relief money?"
"你為什麼不拿一些救濟金呢?"

But Lord Ivan ignored the words.
但伊凡勋爵无视了这些话。

He woke up from his seat, pouring all of the medicine left in the bottle into his mouth, and wiping the corner of his mouth with his sleeve.
他從座位上醒來,將瓶子裡剩下的藥全部倒進嘴裡,然後用袖子擦拭嘴角。

"I’ll be back late tonight. I’ll deliver Triva wood to the Onyx estate. In the meantime, take care of the guests of the mansion."
我今晚會晚回來。我會把 Triva 木材送到瑪瑙莊園。在此期間,請照顧好莊園的客人。

"Isn’t this just wood, just send people instead. No, I’ll just go. Father, get some rest."
"這不就是木頭嗎,就派人去吧。不,我自己去。父親,好好休息吧。"

"No, I, the owner of the household, should show my face to ease their resentment."
"不,我作為家庭的主人,應該露面以緩解他們的怨恨。"

"If you really want to help them, just accept the Imperial’s relief."
如果你真的想幫助他們,就接受帝國的救濟。

"...I’m going to go now."
"我現在要走了。"

"Father!"  父親!

"Don’t you know yet!"
"你還不知道嗎!"

Eventually, there was an old story between him and Imperial Family.
最終,他和皇室之間有一個古老的故事。

"There’s nothing better involved with Durelli’s Imperial Family! This happened because Ronchent brought the Imperial Family into Ivan’s business!"
「沒有比杜雷利皇室更好的事情!這是因為朗琴特將皇室介入伊凡的事業中!」

Lord Ivan, who screamed until his veins stood on his wrinkled forehead, stumbled for a moment.
伊凡勳爵尖叫到臉上皺紋凸顯,一時絆倒。

Hence in an instant, Migente’s eyes lit up.
因此,Migente 的眼睛立刻亮了起來。

"Father!"  父親!

Migente quickly approached Lord Ivan and helped him sit back in the chair.
米傑特迅速走近伊凡勳爵,幫助他重新坐回椅子上。

"Whoa..."  "哇..."

Lord Ivan said with a deep sigh.
伊凡領主深深地歎了口氣說。

"It’s all my fault. I shouldn’t have left the family to Ronchent."
這全都是我的錯。我不應該把家人留給 Ronchent。

"But my brother had a point. There will be a battle for the throne soon. So there is no harm in cooperating with the Empress’ family, Angenas. My brother says that the Crown Prince is the First Prince anyway."
但我哥哥說得有道理。很快就會爭奪王位的戰爭。所以與皇后家族安吉納斯合作並無害處。我哥哥說皇太子無論如何都是第一王子。

"Ha?" "哈?"

Lord Ivan asked Migente with a snort as if he was elated.
伊凡勳爵嗤笑著問米傑特,彷彿他很高興。

"Now you’ve seen the Second Prince. How did he look? Do you still think the First Prince will be the Crown Prince, Migente?"
現在你已經見過第二王子了。他看起來怎麼樣?你還認為第一王子會成為皇太子嗎,Migente?

Migente avoided answering.
Mi gente 避免回答。

Lord Ivan clicked his tongue as if he knew it would.
伊凡勳爵咂舌,彷彿他早已知道會發生這種事。

"Okay. I knew my eldest son was not bright, but I didn’t know he was blind.”1
"好的。我知道我的大兒子不太聰明,但我不知道他是盲人。"

“My brother’s judgment about His Majesty the Second Prince may have been wrong. If so, wouldn’t it be even more important to receive a subsidy from the Imperial Family? It is the Second Prince’s first assignment, so we should cooperate well."
“我哥哥對二王子殿下的判斷可能是錯誤的。如果是這樣,那麼從皇室那裡獲得補助就更加重要了。這是二王子的第一個任務,所以我們應該好好合作。”

Lord Ivan was silent for a moment at Migente’s words.
伊凡領主在米傑特的話語中沉默了一會兒。

Maybe he’s changing his mind?
也許他改變主意了?

Migente waited anxiously.
米漢特焦急地等待。

But Lord Ivan shook his head soon.
但伊凡勳爵很快搖了搖頭。

"Angenas’ money always has a tail. No matter how much the amercement is, you don’t know what you’ll say later if you get it."
安吉納斯的錢總是有尾巴。無論罰款多少,你得到後不知道會說什麼。

Lord Ivan, who said so, stood up.
伊凡勳爵說完這句話後站了起來。

"It’s right to solve it without the help of the Imperial Family, Migente."
"沒錯,米傑特,解決問題不需要皇室的幫助。"

"Father..."  父親...

Lord Ivan walked out of the office, and Migente, who was left alone, sighed like a habit.
伊凡勳爵走出辦公室,獨自留下的米傑特像習慣般嘆了口氣。

His father was originally more of a person who liked to help others than to get help.
他的父親原本更喜歡幫助別人,而不是尋求幫助。

However, at a critical time, the illness worsened and anger at himself and distrust of the Empress were mixed.
然而,在一個關鍵時刻,病情惡化,他對自己的憤怒和對皇后的不信任交織在一起。

They are denying the reality that they should receive any help.
他們否認他們應該接受任何幫助的現實。

As time passes, his father will understand, but it is the Northern citizens who suffer in the meantime.
隨著時間的推移,他的父親會理解,但與此同時,是北方市民在受苦。

“It can’t be like this.”
這樣不行。

Then, Migente’s eyes caught a piece of paper on the householder’s desk.
然後,Migente 的眼睛看到了房主桌上的一張紙。

It was an emergency report, seeing the red seal on it.
這是一份緊急報告,看到上面的紅色印章。

"His Highness, the Second Prince, manages the relief money himself and distributes food to the people of Ivan and nearby lands..."
"二王子殿下親自管理救濟金,並向伊凡及附近地區的人們分發食物..."

Ivan was handing out relief supplies, but it was far from enough.
伊凡正在分發救援物資,但還遠遠不夠。

It was a problem that could be solved by leaving the North to buy food and manpower, but right away, Ivan ran out of money.
這是一個可以通過離開北方購買食物和人力來解決的問題,但伊凡立刻就沒錢了。

Looking down at the report for a moment, Migente folded it in half and put it in his arms.
一會兒看著報告,米傑特將其折成一半放在懷裡。

"You may not be able to hide it completely, but you can buy time."
你可能無法完全隱藏它,但你可以贏得時間。

Migente, who was leaving the office so quietly, happened to see Perez driving back to the mansion.
米傑特(Migente)悄悄離開辦公室時,碰巧看到佩雷斯(Perez)駕車返回大宅。

It’s already been five days since the Prince’s party arrived in the North.+
王子的派對抵達北方已經五天了。

In the meantime, Lady Lombardy and Sir Luman spent time leisurely in the mansion, but the Second Prince was so busy that he couldn’t even face each other properly.
與此同時,倫巴底夫人和盧曼爵士在莊園中悠閒度日,但二王子卻如此忙碌,以至於連面對面的時間都沒有。

So he wondered, is it because they distributed food themselves.
所以他想知道,是因為他們自己分發食物嗎。

After watching Perez from the window for a moment, Migente returned to his office.
在窗戶看了佩雷斯一會兒後,米傑特回到了他的辦公室。

And this morning he left the office again, simply picking up some of the papers he was reading.
今天早上他再次離開辦公室,只是拿起他正在閱讀的一些文件。

It was strange.
這很奇怪。

What he’s doing right now was a great deal.
他現在正在做的事情很重要。

Although he is a son, he could have been convicted of disobedience to Lord Ivan.
儘管他是兒子,他本來可能會被判為違抗伊凡領主。

So he has been thinking about it for a few days.
所以他已經想了幾天了。

But strangely, there was no more hesitation in his heart.
但奇怪的是,他的心中再也沒有猶豫。

After finding out what the Second Prince was doing today, it seemed that the boiling water in his heart had calmly subsided.
在發現今天二王子在做什麼之後,他心中的沸騰似乎已經平靜下來。

Knock, Knock.  敲敲。

"This is Migente Ivan. May I come in for a moment, Your Highness."
這裡是米傑特伊凡。殿下,我可以進來一下嗎?

Migente knocked on the bedroom door of Second Prince.
米亞恩特敲了敲第二王子的臥室門。

"Come in."  進來。

Perez had just taken off his coat.
佩雷斯剛剛脫下外套。

"What’s going on, Migente Ivan?"
"發生什麼事了,Migente Ivan?"

"I’ve got something to offer you."
我有東西可以給你。

Migente handed over the documents he had in his hand to Perez.
Migente 將手中的文件交給了 Perez。

"This is..."  這是...

"The exact damage reported by the Lords of the landslide-hit area and the amount of compensation they requested from Ivan. With these documents, the Prince will be able to distribute relief money to each region without my father’s consent."
山崩地區領主報告的確切損害和他們向伊凡要求的賠償金額。有了這些文件,王子將能夠在沒有我父親同意的情況下將救濟金分發給每個地區。

* * *

It’s already been 10 days since I came to Ivan.
我來到伊凡已經十天了。

In the meantime, I have been busy taking Lombardy’s engineers to visit where they need them and coordinating the delivery of wood that Lombardy bought from Pellet’s Corporation to the North.
與此同時,我一直忙著帶隆巴第的工程師們參觀他們需要的地方,並協調隆巴第從佩萊特公司購買的木材運送到北方。

Even today, for me, who had no time, Violet came to the Ivan mansion and reported on the affairs of the Pellet Corporation disguise as a private visit with flowers.
即使在今天對於我這個沒有時間的人來說,維奧莉特來到伊凡大廈,偽裝成私人拜訪帶著花朵,向我報告了佩萊特公司的事務。

"From tomorrow, the door to the second warehouse will be open. 50 of them will be distributed equally to Ivan and the remaining 130 to the surrounding territories."
從明天開始,第二倉庫的門將會打開。其中 50 個將平均分配給伊凡,剩下的 130 個將分配給周邊地區。

"Isn’t it slower to open the warehouse than planned?"
"計劃中打開倉庫不是比較慢嗎?"

"They don’t seem to have enough people to carry the wood."
他們似乎沒有足夠的人來搬運木材。

"It would be much faster if we bought people from somewhere else. Although it’s expensive because it’s harvest time."
如果我們從其他地方購買人員,速度會快得多。儘管因為是收穫季節,所以費用很高。

"The Zonic Estate, the Southeast of Ivan, is said to be buying manpower from the Capital from today."
據說伊凡東南部的佐尼克莊園從今天開始將從首都購買人力。

"Really? Did you have any money left?"
"真的嗎?你還有錢嗎?"

Fortunately, even one territory is accelerating its recovery as Lord Ivan continues to insist on not receiving the Imperial relief.
幸運的是,即使有一個領土正在加速恢復,伊凡領主仍堅持不接受帝國的救援。

Then, the cold wind from the open window shook my body slightly.
然後,從敞開的窗戶吹來的冷風輕輕地搖動了我的身體。

"The Northern part is already in the middle of autumn, Belmont."
北部已經進入秋天中期了,貝爾蒙特。

"When summer is over, the days get cold like this. Dress warmly, Lady Florentia."
夏天結束後,天氣變得這麼冷。弗洛倫蒂亞女士,記得要保暖。

"My father sent me as much thick clothes as I did through Ivan Branch of Gallahan Clothing Store."
我父親送了我一樣多厚衣服,就像我透過 Gallahan 服裝店的 Ivan Branch 所做的那樣。

I said, pointing to the neatly arranged clothes on one side of my bedroom.
我指著我臥室一側整齊排列的衣服說。

"But that’ not all, it’s coming again tomorrow morning."
但這還不是全部,它明天早上又要來了。

Then Violet said with a small smile.
然後 Violet 微笑著說。

"Lord Gallahan must be worried, too. Isn’t it the first time that Lady Florentia has left Lombardy?"
"加拉漢勳爵也一定很擔心。這難道不是弗洛倫蒂亞夫人第一次離開倫巴底嗎?"

"That’s true, though. There’s not much time left until we get back to Lombardy. It looks like I’m going to go back without even trying it on."
"這是真的。我們回到倫巴底的時間不多了。看來我可能連試都沒有試就得回去了。"

I said so and picked up the dress my father had sent me.
我這麼說著,撿起了我父親送給我的裙子。

It was a dress decorated with dark rose silk and thin black lace that could make my green eyes stand out more.
這是一件裝飾著深玫瑰色絲綢和薄黑色蕾絲的連衣裙,可以讓我的綠眼睛更加突出。

I have to change now.
我現在必須改變。

"Let me help you, Lady Florentia."
讓我來幫助您,弗洛倫蒂亞女士。

"Will you? Thank you, Violet. I just need to change my dress."
"你會嗎?謝謝你,維奧莉特。我只需要換一下衣服。"

With Violet’s help, I changed my clothes and sat down in front of the dressing table to choose the right accessories.
在 Violet 的幫助下,我換了衣服,坐在梳妝台前挑選合適的配飾。

"Well, of all these things suits you perfectly."
"嗯,所有這些事情都非常適合你。"

What she chose was a Ruby hairpin that Perez gave me a long time ago.
她選擇的是佩雷茲很久以前送我的一根紅寶石髮夾。

"What’s wrong, Lady Florentia?"
"弗洛倫蒂亞女士,怎麼了?"

"This hairpin. Doesn’t it look good on the dress I’m wearing now?"
這個髮簪。它不是很配我現在穿的裙子嗎?

"Yes, it’s like a pair of accessories."
"是的,就像一對配飾。"

But Perez is coming to dinner tonight.
但佩雷斯今晚要來吃飯。

I had that thought first.
我先想到這個想法。

I fiddled with the hairpin with my fingertips and eventually put it in my hair.
我用指尖玩弄著髮夾,最後把它夾在頭髮裡。

It looks good, but it’s weird not to use it on purpose.
它看起來不錯,但故意不使用它感覺有點奇怪。

"See you at Pellet Corporation tomorrow, Violet."
明天在 Pellet Corporation 見,Violet。

Having confirmed that it was time for dinner soon, I greeted Violet and opened the bedroom door.
確認很快就該吃晚餐了,我打招呼給維奧莉特,然後打開了臥室的門。

And,  並且,

"Huh?"  "嗯?"

Maybe he was going to knock on the door, but I ran into Perez, who was raising one hand, right in front of me.
也許他本來要敲門,但我撞上了正站在我面前舉起一隻手的佩雷斯。

"Hi, Perez."  嗨,佩雷斯。

I said hello in a casual voice.
我用隨意的聲音說了聲你好。

But Perez looked somewhat surprised.
但佩雷斯看起來有些驚訝。

The red eyes stare straight at me strangely.
紅色的眼睛奇怪地直視著我。

"...Hello, Tia."  「你好,蒂亞。」

Perez, who had not spoken for a few seconds, greeted slowly.
佩雷斯(Perez)沉默了幾秒鐘後,緩慢地打招呼。

"I’m here to escort you."
我來這裡是要護送你。

"Well, yeah, thanks for your concern."
"嗯,是的,謝謝你的關心。"

"You’re..."  你是...

Perez looked over my door and said to Violet.
佩雷斯看了看我的門,對維奧萊特說。

"You’re from Pellet Corporation, aren’t you?"
"你來自佩萊特公司,對吧?"

He already seems to know who Violet is.
他似乎已經知道 Violet 是誰了。

"She knew I was in Ivan’s estate, so she came to say hello. We’ve been a close relationship since I was young."
她知道我在伊凡的莊園裡,所以她來打招呼。自從我小的時候,我們就一直有著密切的關係。

"I see."  "我明白了。"

Perez nodded and reached out to me.
佩雷斯點點頭,伸手向我伸出。

It meant to escort.
這意味著護送。

I hesitated for a moment, looking down at the hand.
我猶豫了一會兒,低頭看著那隻手。

It’s just an escort.
這只是一個護送。

My heart, which had been pounding since I encountered Perez a little while ago, beats more loudly.
我的心臟自從剛剛遇見佩雷斯後一直在怦怦地跳動,現在更加響亮。

My head was unintentionally and vividly depicting the events on the shore of the lake.
我的腦袋不自覺地生動地描繪著湖邊的事件。

Perez’s body temperature, low voice, and red eyes looking at me.
佩雷斯的體溫、低沉的聲音和紅眼睛看著我。

And Perez’s beautiful body under the moonlight...
佩雷斯在月光下的美麗身軀...

Bad thoughts! Bad thoughts!3
壞念頭!壞念頭!

I held Perez’s hand with a relaxed smile as casually as I could, holding my head back.
我盡可能輕鬆地握住佩雷斯的手,微笑著,頭部稍微後仰。

We walked down the hall without talking.
我們走在走廊上,沒有說話。

There was inevitably an awkward atmosphere.
必然會有尷尬的氣氛。

Ivan’s employees, whom I encountered from time to time, were greeting.
伊凡的員工,我不時遇到,都在打招呼。

No, maybe I’m the only one who’s awkward.
不,也許我是唯一一個尷尬的人。

Because Perez was staring at my side face that only looked forward.
因為佩雷斯一直盯著我那只朝前看的側臉。

"Oh, now we have arrived."
哦,我們現在到達了。

Fortunately, it wasn’t that far from my room to the dining room.
幸運的是,從我的房間到餐廳並不遠。

The distance felt was a bit different.
距離感覺有點不同。

"It’s not that far, right?"
"這不是很遠,對吧?"

I said that a little and tried to let go of Perez’s hand.
我說了一點,試著放開佩雷斯的手。

"...Perez?"

But Perez’s hand wouldn’t let go of my hand.
但佩雷斯的手不肯放開我的手。

Rather, it has been held tighter.
相反,它被緊緊抓住。

"We, we have to open the dining room first..."
我們,我們必須先打開餐廳...

"Tia."  "Tia." "蒂亞。"

I tried to pull out one more time and Perez rushed to call me.
我試著再拉出來,佩雷斯趕緊打電話給我。

Now his face was just around the corner.
現在他的臉就在轉角處。

"You use the hairpin I gave you."
你用我給你的髮夾。

I winced my shoulders unknowingly at the sound I heard right from my ears.
我無意識地因聽到從耳朵傳來的聲音而縮了縮肩膀。

"Yeah, it’s pretty! I usually use it often!"
"是的,它很漂亮!我通常經常使用它!"

"Really? I’m glad."
"真的嗎?我很高興。"

Perez said with a smile.
佩雷斯笑著說。

It was a smile that only raised the corners of his mouth, which is not different from usual.
這只是微微揚起嘴角的微笑,和平常沒有什麼不同。

But why does that smile look more seductive today? ╥﹏╥2
但為什麼今天那個微笑看起來更加誘人呢?╥﹏╥2

It was hard to see Perez’s face anymore, so I lowered my eyes.
我很難再看到佩雷斯的臉,所以我低下了頭。

"...Huh?"  「嗯?」

And I had to be surprised one more time.
我又得驚訝一次。

No, I was genuinely surprised to the point where I couldn’t compare a moment ago.
不,我真的感到驚訝,以至於剛才無法比較。

It was because my hand was holding Perez’s hand tightly.
因為我的手緊緊握著佩雷斯的手。

As if I didn’t want to let go of those big, warm hands.
好像我不想放開那雙大而溫暖的手。

Visit and read more novel to help us update chapter quickly. Thank you so much!
訪問並閱讀更多小說以幫助我們快速更新章節。非常感謝!

Report chapter
報告章節

Use arrow keys (or A / D) to PREV/NEXT chapter