“Why Don’t We Use a Child’s Name in the SD?”
“为什么我们不在 SD 中使用孩子的名字?”

Brian Kaminski, RBT, Graduate Student of Behavior Analysis
Brian Kaminski,RBT,行为分析研究生

briankaminski.org  布莱恩卡明斯基网站

To a therapist or parent who is brand-new to ABA, a lot of practices and procedures may at first seem unusual – or even counterintuitive.
对于刚接触 ABA 的治疗师或家长来说,许多实践和程序乍一看可能很不寻常,甚至违反直觉。

“Why are there times when we don’t immediately provide attention during a tantrum?”
“为什么有时候我们在发脾气时没有立即给予关注?”

“Why do we need to take baseline data before we start this new behavior plan?”
“为什么我们需要在开始这个新的行为计划之前获取基线数据?”

“Why does this program need to be run exactly this way?”
“为什么这个程序需要这样运行?”

Without a proper knowledge of the “Why’s,” the “How To’s” can start to feel a bit arbitrary – even unnecessary.
如果没有正确了解“为什么”,“如何做”可能会开始感觉有点武断——甚至没有必要。

However, ABA is built upon scientific principles of behavior.  Once viewed from the proper behavioral perspective, things start to fall into place – and make a lot more sense.
然而,ABA 是建立在科学的行为原则之上的。一旦从正确的行为角度来看,事情就会开始步入正轨,并且变得更有意义。

Let’s look at one such example from my own experience, as well as the “light bulb” moment that followed.
让我们看一下我自己的经历中的一个例子,以及随后的“灯泡”时刻。

Not stating a child’s name in the SD
未在 SD 中注明孩子的姓名

“Don’t state the child’s name when you are giving the SD.”
“在提供 SD 时,不要说出孩子的名字。”

Got it. 知道了。

This point was hammered home when I first entered the field, however I never stopped and asked why.  I assumed that it was “just something we did.”
当我第一次进入这个领域时,我就深深地体会到了这一点,但我从未停下来问为什么。我认为这“只是我们所做的事情”。

“Get the child’s attention another way.  Then only provide the instruction listed in your program.
“用另一种方式吸引孩子的注意力。然后仅提供程序中列出的指令。

Just say, ‘Build this.’
只需说:“构建这个。”

Don’t say, ‘Bridgette, build this.'”
不要说,‘布里奇特,建造这个。’”

I thought it was pretty strange.  Don’t you typically say someone’s name to gain their attention?  
我觉得这很奇怪。你通常不会说出某人的名字来引起他们的注意吗?

At any rate, I didn’t object.  I continued providing instructions just like I was told, and eventually forgot about the matter altogether.
无论如何,我没有反对。我继续按照别人告诉我的方式进行指示,最终完全忘记了这件事。

A few months later, I joined a new case under a new supervising BCBA.
几个月后,我在新的 BCBA 监督下参与了一个新案件。

The time came for my first integrity assessment, and as we were reviewing my results, I saw a section entitled “Child’s name not provided along with the SD.”
我的第一次诚信评估时间到了,当我们审查我的结果时,我看到了一个标题为“儿童姓名未与 SD 一起提供”的部分。

“Can I ask a silly question?” I said to my supervisor.
“我可以问一个愚蠢的问题吗?”我对我的主管说。

“Why does it matter that I don’t say the child’s name with the SD?”
“为什么我不向 SD 说出孩子的名字有什么关系呢?”

“Oh, not a silly question at all actually.
“哦,实际上根本不是一个愚蠢的问题。

We don’t use a child’s name when giving instructions, because if done over and over again during a session, the child starts to ‘pair’ his or her name with work.
我们在发出指示时不会使用孩子的名字,因为如果在一次训练中一遍又一遍地这样做,孩子就会开始将他或她的名字与工作“配对”。

For some kids, they may have a really negative history associated with work at first.
对于一些孩子来说,他们一开始可能有与工作相关的非常负面的历史。

They hear their name, and immediately that’s a cue that ‘something bad’ is coming.  After a while, they might not respond to their name altogether.
他们听到自己的名字,立刻就暗示“有坏事”即将来临。一段时间后,他们可能不会完全回应自己的名字。

Instead, we should use a child’s name all the time during praise and reinforcement!  We want them to respond every time they hear their name, just like you or I would.”
相反,我们应该在表扬和强化时一直使用孩子的名字!我们希望他们每次听到自己的名字时都能做出反应,就像你我一样。”

And that’s when the “light bulb” went off.
就在那时,“灯泡”熄灭了。

From that moment on, I made it a habit to ask “Why” routinely.  Every time I did, I was met with an answer that expanded my understanding and love of ABA.
从那一刻起,我就养成了经常问“为什么”的习惯。每次我这样做时,我都会得到一个扩展我对 ABA 的理解和热爱的答案。

Begin to ask yourself – “What are my ‘Why’ questions?”
开始问自己——“我的‘为什么’问题是什么?”

If you have any, shoot me an email at briankaminski.aba@gmail.com or comment below – I’d love to cover them in future articles.
如果您有任何问题,请发送电子邮件至 briankaminski.aba@gmail.com 或在下面发表评论 – 我很乐意在以后的文章中介绍它们。

Your kiddos will benefit from your curiosity!
您的孩子将从您的好奇心中受益!

2 Comments  2 条评论

  1. Thanks, Brian! As practitioners, we need to ask “why” more … and if we are not … we should assess our own behavior in terms of “why” we are not asking “why” more.
    谢谢,布莱恩!作为从业者,我们需要更多地问“为什么”……如果我们没有……我们应该根据“为什么”我们没有更多地问“为什么”来评估自己的行为。

  2. My client can repeat what he hears.
    我的客户可以重复他所听到的内容。

    He answers the questions related to colors.
    他回答了与颜色相关的问题。

    He is not responding to what is your name ? question.
    他没有回应你叫什么名字?问题。

    What should I do ?
    我应该怎么办 ?

Leave a Reply  发表评论

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
您的电子邮件地址不会被公开。必需的地方已做标记 *